i have this private tour of an exhibit thing at the Smithsonian and the cleaning fairytm is coming with. not sure if it's a day trip or an overnight yet. right now looking for places to eat and things to see near the Smithsonian that would please an 83 year old who hates it when someone else pays (so gently priced but not necessarily cheap). if we stay overnight, i'll need to find lunch or dinner near arlington cemetery because she will want to visit my dad's grave. fun fun fun! not driving so things need to be easy by metro or cabs. many thanks

• Like 2
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i have this private tour of an exhibit thing at the Smithsonian and the cleaning fairytm is coming with. not sure if it's a day trip or an overnight yet. right now looking for places to eat and things

I mean kinship and metier, which aren’t really new.

Posted Images

Near the Smithsonian is tough for food choices.

In all seriousness, the restaurants which make up the dining area in the National Museum of the American Indian, are fun and might be the ticket.

When you say things to see near the Smithsonian, what about the Smithsonian itself? There might be a thing or two in a few of those museums. Julia's Kitchen!

I also really like the MLK Jr. Memorial, as well as the FDR Memorial. And since your dad served, the National WW II Memorial can be quite moving.

the nmai is totally the ticket for me but given the nature of the exhibit that we are going to see and despite the fact that my aunt is honored that the curator extended a personal invitation for a behind the scenes tour, i suspect my aunt will want to hightail it out of the smithsonian for a change of scenery. i think i want to offer her some upbeat choices for lunch, etc. old people always make things so complicated...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...