bloviatrix

Micromanage my life - travel edition

they have baby junk, so taking their own car works because it also serves as a storage unit. noone wants to drag all that baby junk on and off of a train

• Like 3

Chambo where the fuck are you?

I have no fucking idea !

I'm fucking shitfaced, staggering on the fucking beach naked ... but for my fucking iPhone 7s Plus.

Lost my fucking hotel key and my fucking mind. I'm totally fucked !

I drank too much fucking beer ...

http://mouthfulsfood.com/forums/index.php/topic/13466-what-beers-are-you-drinking/?p=1340830

and too much fucking wine ..

http://mouthfulsfood.com/forums/index.php/topic/20192-the-rest-of-us/?p=1340832

and too many impressively-garnished GinTonics.

She just left me and took everything I had. I'm broke and I'm a broken man. She was fucking expensive !!!

What next ? Where to next ?

I have no fucking idea !

Can someone ... anyone .. help me ! ... please help micro or macro manage my life !

I'm yours for the taking ...

I'm on some beach some where spread eagle ...

I'm hoping this is just a dream ...

Whooooooooo ! Water's cold !

Girls girls girls ... the water's cold ! It's not normally like that !!!!

Fuck. They left ...

I think I'm luz-ing it. I'm calling it quits. I'm gonna head back to France. Spain's too crazy.

There's just too much weird shit going on ...

So our vacation was delayed until the week of August 31 as both Blovie and I had impossible work deadlines. I know you're all dying to know what we decided - after much debating we're going to drive up to Toronto and visit friends. We hope to do the drive up there in one shot but break it up over two days on the way back with stops at Niagara Falls and an overnight in Ithaca. Wish me luck.

Only one thing about DC.

In August.

It's hot as fuck (yes, hotter, humid-er, and more swamp-like than NYC can shake a stick at).

Cape Ann is nice. We did a Newburyport/Gloucester thing, and it was great. But we didn't have a child with us, other than me.

You beat me to it, on both counts. While all the attractions in DC are air-conditioned, the city is not.

And the week we spent on Cape Ann one summer was lovely. Nice beaches, lots of families. And if you're desperate for a city, the commuter train goes right to North Station, Boston, in not very long.

ETA: just got to this second page. Oh well, never mind.

Maybe they'll already have snow in Toronto.

(Just kidding)

Anyone want to micromanage our trip to NY in the Spring with two toddlers? Sort of a working vacation so we have a generous hotel/apartment budget. Contact there says upper east or west side, or Brooklyn heights/park slope would be good to stay with kids. Having not yet had kids last time I was in the city, all advice would be very welcome.

Stay somewhere around Mekelburg's so your little ones and Jax can have playdates while you have a beer or two. Maybe Blovie and the Cub can join you!

Every neighborhood in Manhattan is fundamentally kid friendly if you don't need to worry about schools or rent cost constraints. Figure out what you want to do. If museums and what not are your thing there is no reason to force yourself to commute from Brooklyn. If you want a Brooklyn experience that's great go for it but the two aren't fungible.

This new beginner at relaxing needs vacation-booking sites recommendations, please. Pointers to previous topics/posts is fiiiiiiiiiiiine.

Lovely spouse and I are eager for our first vacation in five years, after two eldercare nightmares and two home renovations/sales. Our workaholism is strong, and we'll miss our cat. But we know we'll like it once we're into it. And we've saved for it bigtime. And we're both finally healthy again (her ankle, my guts).

I don't know where to start looking for sights/sites/flights/hotels/rentals. Last I remember, TripAdvisor had become untrustworthy. And even though lovely spouse's well-traveled father-in-law just urged us to use a $25 coupon thanks to his use of Booking.com, I find mostly warnings about that service, and he has sometimes boasted about saving dozens of dollars while doing something that overspent hundreds (like his dependence on Amazon Prime, or buying overhyped speakers for the price of a good amp and better speakers).

We tend to like two weeks wallowing in a single city for fine arts and good food, though we might want to do something lazy and resort-y for a second time, plus day trips from either. 

Our one vacation disagreement is her comfort in the same boring hotel restaurant every morning for planning the day, while I want to start each day in less touristy places even if I end up yearning for a comfort staple of my own, like how there's no protein in an Argentinian breakfast.

Paris or Grenada are our two best hopes right now.

Our last two trips were extra time in Japan around her work (which meant most options had been decided for us), and a Danube cruise mostly ruined by the central European flooding that knocked us off the boat on day two, for which again almost all options were decided for us. So it's really been a biblical seven years since we got to plan much for ourselves.

Any advice welcome!

9a84c6a868cdf34634e4e987f56e468f.gif

oghEPPW.jpg

Go to Mexcio... Start in Mexico City and then fly to Oaxaca, rent a car then drive to Puerto Escondido, then fly back to Mexico City.     Or drive from Mexcio City down and then fly up to Mexico City.