• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://sf.eater.com/archives/2013/09/12/pim_techamuanvivit_opening_union_square_thai_spot.php   Our own Pim has popped and will soon have a Thai restaurant downtown. To me, it's just about the best

That's a good location, thanks for keeping track of this project.

Wow, Suzanne, how empty your life must be to hang on to whatever this is after all these years?

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I've been a bunch but went last week with a large group for a wedding celebration. They have a "friends and family" menu which has 3 starters and 3 mains (it's all served family style so there's no real distinction). The (Rancho) beans with something and something, served with a lettuce wrap was a favorite, although I thought it was too much lime. Huge chicken wings. Unfortunately the green curry rabbit wasn't part of our meal. The noodles were pleasantly funky.

It's still great and doing good business on a Wednesday lunch.

• 2 months later...

Pim is the contributing chef for the Wall Street Journal's Slow Food series for the next few weeks. In the initial contribution, she and co-chef Mike Gaines offer a Thai rice noodle and chicken salad.

Cook rice noodles, drain, set aside

Combine fish oil, lemon juice, two spicy chilis, brown sugar or palm sugar into a sauce

Shred cooked chicken, combine with noodles, thinly sliced Persian cukes, shallots, roughly chopped tomatoes, mint, basil

Serve

Pim is the contributing chef for the Wall Street Journal's Slow Food series for the next few weeks. In the initial contribution, she and co-chef Mike Gaines offer a Thai rice noodle and chicken salad.

Combine fish oil, lemon juice, two spicy chilis, brown sugar or palm sugar into a sauce

Shred cooked chicken, combine with noodles, thinly sliced Persian cukes, shallots, roughly chopped tomatoes, mint, basil

Serve

recipe here

• 2 weeks later...

Serve

Cool.

I'll have to bookmark that for later.

• 2 weeks later...

Serve

Thank you, Paul. Splinky as well.

cheers,

Pim

I am missing something, but I think I don't want to know, so I'm not really missing it, I guess.

Pim, I was in the SFO area (I drove from the airport to Stockton, anyway) but was unable to dine at the restaurant. I tried to think of a way to swing a visit, but it just didn't work out. And I would gladly dine there even if all your cooks were farang!

Question, if you make all of your curry pastes, do they all use those little dried shrimp or Thai shrimp paste? I think I've become allergic to those things, as most curries make my scalp itch like crazy! Well, red curries and whatever is used in khao soi. I stopped eating curry after the last couple of tries, because I was just too uncomfortable after.

I am missing something, but I think I don't want to know, so I'm not really missing it, I guess.

i assume at some point in the past pim expressed skepticism about thai restaurants with non-thai chefs/cooks in the kitchen. and that her restaurant now has some non-thai chefs/cooks in the kitchen.

i assume at some point in the past pim expressed skepticism about thai restaurants with non-thai chefs/cooks in the kitchen. and that her restaurant now has some non-thai chefs/cooks in the kitchen.

Not to be drawn back in to some silly online squabbles I walked away from ages ago, but I really do not understand this level of persistent attack (any time there's even a small mention of me or my restaurant over here) over a very, very old argument I barely have any recollection of, except that it's probably far more nuanced than you or Suzanne are giving me credit for here.

That said, to assume that I haven't learnt a few things, evolved perhaps a little, or might even changed my mind on anything at all over the period of close to ten years means what, I've kept myself locked in a dark box this whole time?

• Like 1