• 1 month later...

Had dinner here a couple weeks ago. It's a neighborhood place.

It was a windy, chilly night. When we arrived for our 10pm reservation the door was locked. The host came over and unlocked the door to let us in. They kept the door locked because the wind kept blowing the door open and letting the cold air in. At the time we went, they didn't have one of those vestibules around the door. No idea if they have added one yet. Throughout the meal the door kept opening, blowing all the cold air in the dining room. I heard the table next to me mention this to the waitress, and she was like "yeah I know" and continued to go about her job without closing the door.

The food is mostly pretty good, but not particularly interesting. Fried favas, a $5 bar snack, tasted like salty cardboard. Mushroom salad, fried leeks, and pork pate were competent. The pork sausage main ($25) was fine, but not really a main course in my opinion. Two sausage links with some sliced up beets and a little yogurt. No bread was served. Dessert - a peanut pie - was very nice if you like peanuts.

Would not go back.

Had dinner here a couple weeks ago. It's a neighborhood place.

It was a windy, chilly night. When we arrived for our 10pm reservation the door was locked. The host came over and unlocked the door to let us in. They kept the door locked because the wind kept blowing the door open and letting the cold air in. At the time we went, they didn't have one of those vestibules around the door. No idea if they have added one yet. Throughout the meal the door kept opening, blowing all the cold air in the dining room. I heard the table next to me mention this to the waitress, and she was like "yeah I know" and continued to go about her job without closing the door.(snip)

This hospitality staff member may be looking forward to the new hospitality included compensation structure.