This, along with separate clothes closets (and separate bathrooms if possible), is one of the keys to a long and happy relationship. 

We have a deal in my household. If I cook, he cleans. I will separate and wash the laundry, but then he has to sort and fold.

As far as I'm concerned, I have the much better deal. :(

When I cook, he cleans. When he cooks, he cleans. He separates and does the laundry. I fold (he's hopeless when it comes to fitted sheets). And he brings in most of the dry cleaning.

And we have separate bathrooms.

I'm very lucky.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone recently pointed out, I am very much a "glass half empty" kind of guy.   That being said, occasionally there is a beam of joy in the misery that is my life.   Today,it was coming home a

It is a perfect day in Paris too. Had a lovely walk around the 9th this morning, and will soon be going to meet a friend for lunch, it will be nice to eat outside.

Because of some holiday, the subway is very empty today.

Posted Images

While crossing the street to go to the subway after 3 very good margaritas and a belly full of blue corn chicken enchiladas, I finally understood that there are few cities that can truly compete with New York--Bombay, London, yes. Chicago? No.

:(

But we have a subway too!

I just went to my neighbors' house for a cup of coffee and we watched "A Different World." I used to love that show and had forgotten all about Whitley. So that's good.

We have a deal in my household.  If I cook, he cleans.  I will separate and wash the laundry, but then he has to sort and fold. 

Since I'm the only cook chez moi, Roy cleans up.

I cook AND clean up after. However, I still think I have a good deal, as Mr J is on permanent laundry duty. (And he irons, too.)

I found out that the account I've been working on got a much-anticipated new indication from the FDA, after their first bid failed. Since everything I've done for them for the last 2 months has been about that indication, it's good to know that my work hasn't totally been for naught.

While crossing the street to go to the subway after 3 very good margaritas and a belly full of blue corn chicken enchiladas, I finally understood that there are few cities that can truly compete with New York--Bombay, London, yes.  Chicago? No.

:(

But we have a subway too!

I just went to my neighbors' house for a cup of coffee and we watched "A Different World." I used to love that show and had forgotten all about Whitley. So that's good.

I love Chicago dearly like an old friend.

years ago--when A Different World was on, I ran into Whitley--Jasmine Guy at the hotel gym where I worked out. I blabbered how much I loved her show--she seemed so completely unlike Whitley, and very embarrassed.

My son is considering Tulane as a college choice,,and I am thinking...cool to drop him off at school twice a year and then hit NOLA! He's also hot on Bucknell...it's all good, as long as it works for him. My youngest son passed all his midterms except one, and made corn muffins all afternoon ...I wonder how many people are chefs becasue of learning disabilities? And my eldest, Kate, is at Temple and is flying high with plans for Sunday, Philly will be a great place on Sunday!

He plays bad cop to my good cop with the housekeeper :(

what's a good cop?

our housekeeper is a saint. Rather than trying to police them we just went through 3 or four of them on CL until we found one that's self policing.