I have been trying to find video of the ceremonies all night. The fucking feed on CTV isn't working on my computer and everything on youtube is being pulled by the IOC :angry: Fuckers. This all happened blocks away from me and I can't watch any of it. Fuck you IOC!!

Ummm...Carrie...if you manage to find a torrent, would you mind nabbing one for me? :)

I've been trying to find youtube clips of it, too. I couldn't believe there wasn't anything at all!

My cousin and his wife paid something like $1000/ticket to be at the opening ceremonies. I wonder if they were in the nosebleed seats.

I have been trying to find video of the ceremonies all night. The fucking feed on CTV isn't working on my computer and everything on youtube is being pulled by the IOC :angry: Fuckers. This all happened blocks away from me and I can't watch any of it. Fuck you IOC!!

Ummm...Carrie...if you manage to find a torrent, would you mind nabbing one for me? :)

I seem to recall with that AMAZING Chinese opening ceremony, there were no YouTube clips either.

But here is a list of available torrents.

We were able to find these again at a local Chinese market:

4354882472_4f02dc5637_o.jpg

Spicy rice crackers, individually wrapped for lunches. Ridiculously good, and they get you out of boring time!

Went out for yakiniku with my neighbours. It was fun, and I'm a little drunk despite only having two drinks. I've become quite th lightweight these days.

Japanese beef makes for very tender yakiniku, but it's awfully greasy. I'm paying for it now, but I enjoyed myslef so much, I'm still cheerful!

My golden retriever, Simon, just received a paw delivered Valentine card from his sweetie, a neighborhood King Charles spaniel. He had a hand-made card with mini-dog biscuits for her.

His fidelity is suspect, though. He has another card for another sweetie, a two year old Golden doodle (golden retriever + standard poodle cross) which we'll drop off on this afternoon's walk...

The balmy, breezy weather: it feels like we're on vacation.

The crimson tulips in a crystal vase on my desk.

Bob's Valentine, which was so sweet it made me weep.

Logan crowing, "Happy Chinese Valentine's Day, Nana!" :wub:

My golden retriever, Simon, just received a paw delivered Valentine card from his sweetie, a neighborhood King Charles spaniel. He had a hand-made card with mini-dog biscuits for her.

His fidelity is suspect, though. He has another card for another sweetie, a two year old Golden doodle (golden retriever + standard poodle cross) which we'll drop off on this afternoon's walk...

please slap yourself.

Painterman and I had a date for Valentine's Day! Okay, maybe some people would not think of the Canadian War Museum as a romantic destination, but if it weren't for the former owner of this car, I wouldn't be here today:

4357822214_0ca0b07bba.jpg

An astonishing collection of weaponry and military vehicles - so many vehicles that some are crowded together without any signage yet. Some astonishing stories though. I did get a bit emotional in the room on the liberation of Holland. The photo of the old Canadian soldiers who went to Holland for the 50th anniversary, being treated like rock stars - that got me going, as well a a vintage video of the liberation celebrations. I remembered visiting my great-aunt and uncle when I was 13 and having friends of theirs want to shake my hand because I was the daughter of a liberator. This is still so important to the Dutch people.

4357076547_3e830481f8.jpg

Now having a blood orange martini and relaxing before dinner, which will be turbot in some form or other.

Life is good.

I did get a bit emotional in the room on the liberation of Holland.

Shortly after his death, I heard an NPR interview with Howard Zinn. He talked about being a bomber in WWII, and choked up over the memory of flying over a tulip field in Holland, where a farmer had planted THANK YOU in tulips for the Americans involved in the liberation. Extraordinarily told by him, of course.

I did get a bit emotional in the room on the liberation of Holland. The photo of the old Canadian soldiers who went to Holland for the 50th anniversary, being treated like rock stars - that got me going, as well a a vintage video of the liberation celebrations. I remembered visiting my great-aunt and uncle when I was 13 and having friends of theirs want to shake my hand because I was the daughter of a liberator. This is still so important to the Dutch people.

There's a brief sort of poem at the exit of the Norwegian war museum in Oslo that I find absurdly moving. Something like...

In the air over England

In the deserts of North Africa

On the beaches of Normandy

They returned Norway to us