Whoa, A.C. in 2010. Well done.

:lol: It doesn't pay that much! Besides, as I think I've explained before, residences out here generally are not air conditioned. The entire City has a giant air conditioner just off to the left called the Pacific Ocean. The (relatively) few days of the year that you guys have to listen to me cry and moan about the heat simply do not justify the cost.

Anyway, thanks everyone!

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone recently pointed out, I am very much a "glass half empty" kind of guy.   That being said, occasionally there is a beam of joy in the misery that is my life.   Today,it was coming home a

It is a perfect day in Paris too. Had a lovely walk around the 9th this morning, and will soon be going to meet a friend for lunch, it will be nice to eat outside.

Because of some holiday, the subway is very empty today.

Posted Images

Finally managed to extricate a deeply embedded splinter from under the nail of my right ring-finger (after two days of fretting about it).

Another RTBC, David Lebovitz's recipe for chocolate ice cream with cognac, made with Wake Robin whole milk.

Finally managed to extricate a deeply embedded splinter from under the nail of my right ring-finger (after two days of fretting about it).

Another RTBC, David Lebovitz's recipe for chocolate ice cream with cognac, made with Wake Robin whole milk.

That sounds like a recipe I need

a quick break from work looking first at three Ipswich period Gainsboroughs

and then 15 minutes leafing through a very rare edition of Songs of Innocence and Experience;

the first time I have seen the etchings up close.

An intense experience ..

That sounds like a recipe I need

It's a pretty standard milk chocolate ice cream custard-based recipe actually (like what he had in Fine Cooking, with 8 oz of chopped milk chocolate) but with two teaspoons of Cognac stirred in just before you cool it in an ice bath. He also suggests adding 3/4 cup cocoa nibs at the end of churning, but I forgot.

To celebrate the last day of my vacation I made Lebovitzian chocolate shakes with a nice shot of cognac in them. Mmmmmm.

Congratulations, Squeat!

My RTBC: the correct insurance certificates finally came and have been sent off to the building agent. Also, I can sleep late tomorrow for the first time in a couple of weeks.

Congrats Squeat. That's fabulous news.

My RTBC - we're almost done packing up my parent's house. The move is on Monday and Tuesday. On Thursday I found my baseball cards from the '76 season that disappeared in '77. I thought my mother threw them out.

Squeat, Squeat, Squeat, Squeat, Squeat. That's the best news I've heard in a long time. CONGRATUFUCKINGLATIONS!

Her fingers are so much more supple than mine, beloved.

Plus, I can't swear out loud in case Logan see THE BIG FUCKING LETTERS from You Know Who.

LOVELY NEWs, Squeat. Kiss the doggie.

xox