• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone recently pointed out, I am very much a "glass half empty" kind of guy.   That being said, occasionally there is a beam of joy in the misery that is my life.   Today,it was coming home a

It is a perfect day in Paris too. Had a lovely walk around the 9th this morning, and will soon be going to meet a friend for lunch, it will be nice to eat outside.

Because of some holiday, the subway is very empty today.

Posted Images

i had a most wonderful experience with a vermont custom furniture company. good old new england fair dealing and attention to detail.

i ordered a piece of their furniture private labelled through an upscale national furniture store, just as i had previously ordered two other pieces of similar design.

when the piece arrived, the color and some of the decorative detail did not match the older pieces. i called the store and they didn't know what to do and sort of disappeared for a few days while they mulled it over.

in the meantime, i did some detective work and figured out who the furniture maker was and called them direct. the owner craftsman answered and we had a lovely chat about the workmanship and his inspiration, and the pieces that i already owned. he reassured me about the color of the wood and how it would likely deepen in color in a few months time but if not to let him know. he also offered to remake the doors of the new cabinet to exactly match the style of the older ones and to provide new fabric panels for all three pieces so that they would match exactly.

i never got a chance to ask him to do a single thing. mostly, i was worried about the color of the wood. within minutes after we hung up, he emailed and called the retailer (when they called me later they mentioned this)and told them what needed to be done to address the issues and how he'd like them to coordinate efforts with him to make sure this all happens in a few weeks.

gawd, i love small artisan companies (the real kind that build stuff instead of whipping up curry mayonnaise). i'll be ordering my new bedroom set direct from this guy in the very near future.

Just found out that an Aldi has taken over a vacant store in a nearby mini-mall, becoming the second closest food store to my side of town.

Maybe this isn't a huge RTBC, but there's been little enough cheer with regard to food in this area lately, so I'll take it.

Just found out that an Aldi has taken over a vacant store in a nearby mini-mall, becoming the second closest food store to my side of town.

Maybe this isn't a huge RTBC, but there's been little enough cheer with regard to food in this area lately, so I'll take it.

they have some good deals

Purple Tootsie Pop. I haven't had a Tootsie Pop in a very long time and this one is the very thing.

No, orange is and I had one of those today, but the real reason I'm cheerful is that today is the 36th anniversary of the day I stopped smoking.

Purple Tootsie Pop. I haven't had a Tootsie Pop in a very long time and this one is the very thing.

No, orange is and I had one of those today, but the real reason I'm cheerful is that today is the 36th anniversary of the day I stopped smoking.

did you start smoking as a toddler?

did you start smoking as a toddler?

Thanks, Splinky, but I'm a lot older than you.

Did you stop smoking the day you got married?