• Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone recently pointed out, I am very much a "glass half empty" kind of guy.   That being said, occasionally there is a beam of joy in the misery that is my life.   Today,it was coming home a

It is a perfect day in Paris too. Had a lovely walk around the 9th this morning, and will soon be going to meet a friend for lunch, it will be nice to eat outside.

Because of some holiday, the subway is very empty today.

Posted Images

Y'all are sweet to say that...honestly though, it's long past time I did more things like this because I have led a very charmed life and haven't 'paid it forward' enough with real 'hands-on-getting-involved' instead of just sending a check.

someone in my business whom I've had an incredibly unpleasant conversation with and whom I thought was a charlatan - but who managed to get themselves hired into a very high profile position where if they had just not fucked up too much would have made him unimaginably rich with very little effort, fucked up too much and got fired.

someone in my business whom I've had an incredibly unpleasant conversation with and whom I thought was a charlatan - but who managed to get themselves hired into a very high profile position where if they had just not fucked up too much would have made him unimaginably rich with very little effort, fucked up too much and got fired.

Oh that's really good.

I know what you mean about promotions. At most rungs on the ladder there are performance measurements. If you fuck up, you're gone. And then there are those rungs where the job is mostly to preside over what other people are doing. You get credit for their success but failures are tied around the necks of underlings.

Oh that's really good.

I know what you mean about promotions. At most rungs on the ladder there are performance measurements. If you fuck up, you're gone. And then there are those rungs where the job is mostly to preside over what other people are doing. You get credit for their success but failures are tied around the necks of underlings.

In public service (and other unionized workplaces) if you fuck up, you get promoted because your union is strong enough to make sure you don't get fired, and the unit you're in will say anything and do everything to make you someone else's problem.

1. We finally put down the rug under the dining table.

2. Temperature above 40ºF; could go out without sheepskin mittens, dork hat, scarf, long johns, etc.

3. Bought a whole red snapper at a fish store a few blocks away. Might have found the solution to the lack-of-fish problem.

4. Another trip to the local wine megastore with helpful staff.

I hope the last means P.J.'s. I love that store.

Yes indeed. We were a little worried about giving up Frankly Wines (btw, did you see that Christy was one of the folks tasting CA syrahs this week?) and the personalized service there, but we've been getting great advice at P.J.s and found some stuff we really like. Salesperson is David (iirc), guy with a very long curly ponytail.

It seems only fitting to announce here the publication of an ebook of Simon Majumdar's favorite home cooked Indian recipes. All proceeds benefit Friends of Colombian Orphans.

It took us nearly a year to produce this book. So many wonderful volunteers were involved. Please buy a copy for your Kindle. It is only $9.99.

Title is : Nicely Spiced by Simon Majumdar

http://www.amazon.com/Nicely-Spiced-Recipes-Majumdars-Kitchen-ebook/dp/B00I798XVE/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1391370718&sr=1-3&keywords=simon+majumdar