• Replies 23.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone recently pointed out, I am very much a "glass half empty" kind of guy.   That being said, occasionally there is a beam of joy in the misery that is my life.   Today,it was coming home a

It is a perfect day in Paris too. Had a lovely walk around the 9th this morning, and will soon be going to meet a friend for lunch, it will be nice to eat outside.

Because of some holiday, the subway is very empty today.

Posted Images

I may be misunderstanding, but comments always get published unless there's something problematic about them. I've never made a comment which wasn't published (I think the reference to letters is puzzling me).

They haven't published my comments saying (in effect, not exactly) the Ligaya Mishan is a terrible writer. (Well, okay, saying that pretty specifically.)

Letter to the Editor are different.

Ha, well maybe that counts as problematic!

I wondered why MT posted about sending letters. No big deal.

Thank you so much Wilfrid, for correcting my mistaken happiness over my letters (or should I say comments") appearing on-line. I might have continued living pleased to have my opinions posted for all who read them to see. So kind of you to relieve me of the misapprehension that this is a big deal.

How naive am I to have believed MFF would have become a friendly place to enjoy posting.

Lippy seemed to grasp the essence of my post, and after my indicating it was on-line, left it there. Your lack of understanding did not require you to tell me the cause of my cheerfulness is no big deal. It's the sort of gratuitous comment that represents a desire to diminish, but I would not consider it your fault. Just an indication of your nature.

i'm most proud of my penthouse letter

We wanna see it! Penthouse or Penthouse Forum?

i won a pulitzer for that letter and just missed getting a macarthur genius grant. i never should have edited out that last sentence. self censorship ruined my chances to get my due as a world class genius

• Like 1