I’ve been a NIMBY about this. I was upset about proposed changes to M8 when I had the arthritic hip, but I guess my hip wasn’t the only factor for the MTA. And the changes didn’t happen.

the ones in brooklyn are openly talked about as ways of reducing congestion by reducing capacity. the one by my old apartment was incredibly fast, getting to brennan and carr (and south williamsburg to a lesser extent) was very quick.

I think the idea is that streets just fill to capacity no matter what so improving congestion isn’t a long term solution, and reducing capacity will decrease the total number of cars on the road and increase public transit use in south brooklyn. I don’t know if the same argument applies in manhattan.

yes, I think the point of the SBS lines in brooklyn is that they remove a full lane of traffic from major thoroughfares.

They desperately need SBS on 96th it's awful at both Broadway and CPW where there are transfers to the subway.

I got to use luft gesheft in the context of a questionable nyc air rights transaction.

I got to use luft gesheft in the context of a questionable nyc air rights transaction.

I wonder how many times that phrase was used during the discussions to sell our coops' air rights to a developer looking to build big on the Bialystoker Home's 3 lots on E Broadway?

$54 million was the offer. Voted no sale by the number of shareholders needed to defeat the proposal. Or as we colloquially refer to them, the idiots.

Finally getting around to tagging the rest of the wines I transported in wooden cases when I moved (14 years ago  :o) that have been stacked in my cellar. Opened what I thought was just a crate of one of my favorite CA wines. Turned there was a very nice bonus of a couple of bottles each of Chateau Margaux and Petrus too  :)  :)

Since Margaux and Petrus are not natural, no one drinks them anymore. So if you don't want them, I'll happily take them off your hands.

Certainly don't want you to be embarrassed in front of your friends. Let me know and I'll send you my address.

Thanks!!!!

Your BFF - Rich

it took 15 years but i completed my discontinued german made mid century china set.

• Like 1