You don’t even want to hear about the Naim ND5 XS2 Network Stream Player l added to my audio system as part of this initiative.  

1 hour ago, Sneakeater said:

You don’t even want to hear about the Naim ND5 XS2 Network Stream Player l added to my audio system as part of this initiative.  

All that money you're saving not going out to eat (which I thought you were spending on steak and uni and  RAAAAAAMMMMPPPPPPSSSSS!) is being put to good use.   

My Edomae omakase sushi bar (Kabuto) finally decided this week to open for takeout 3 days a week. Real sushi and sake tonight for me! 

4 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

All that money you're saving not going out to eat (which I thought you were spending on steak and uni and  RAAAAAAMMMMPPPPPPSSSSS!) is being put to good use.   

This all predated The Quarantine (the new computer speakers:  they were Quarantine-generated).  It just became apparent for professional reasons that I had to be able to listen seriously to music issued only in non-physical formats.

Giving up on the wax cyliners

23 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

This all predated The Quarantine (the new computer speakers:  they were Quarantine-generated).  It just became apparent for professional reasons that I had to be able to listen seriously to music issued only in non-physical formats.

Giving up on the wax cylinders?

No, this is a last resort, when things are ONLY available in non-physical formats.

My favorite tiki bar is starting up its to-go cocktail service next Thursday.

80 degrees in our bedroom last night. Our AC units are nearly millennials. HVAC guy made it today, just a leaky freon hose.  Phew. 

• Like 1

Last week, a teenager told me I had really pretty hair. Today, a woman asked my mother if I was her granddaughter. it's nice to know people think I'm still a young person with really pretty hair.

Since the Alameda tiki bar is closed, their DJs have been having their sets live via FB, so I can have calypso, lounge music, etc. in the comfort of my own home.

21 hours ago, StephanieL said:

Having a beer float at the end of a hot, crummy day.

What beer are you combining with what flavor ice cream?   

3 hours ago, voyager said:

What beer are you combining with what flavor ice cream?   

Generally, vanilla ice cream with either a stout or a porter.  In this case, the beer was Elysian's Espresso Milk Stout, brewed with Stumptown Coffee.  Now that the weather is getting warmer I could try substituting a lambic or kriek, and as part of a virtual beer tasting I got one that's supposed to be like a Creamsicle.  N is a bit of a purist so she only likes vanilla ice cream in floats.

• Thanks 1

have you made one with an ipa? it seems like it wouldn’t work with anything other than a stout/porter or lambic.

20 hours ago, AaronS said:

have you made one with an ipa? it seems like it wouldn’t work with anything other than a stout/porter or lambic.

No--not much of an IPA fan, and N would prefer to drink hers as is.