After sulking and feeling sorry for myself the first 2 weeks after NCAA basketball and PGA Tour tournaments were cancelled. Finishing a quarantine suggested by the University after traveling home from the SEC Basketball Tournament That Wasn't. I decided I was going to make the best I could of a bad situation. 

Being a goal oriented person, I challenged myself to start a workout program. 6 days a week, one day off. 45 minutes on the elliptical. Alternating days of upper body and lower body exercises using my weight stack. Floor exercises (crunches, planks, leg lifts etc.). The goal was not to lose weight, I weighed 107.5 lbs at the start. It was to gain muscle, tone what I already had and lose some inches here and there. Another goal was to get my bikini body back since Bama Hoops are scheduled to play in the Maui Classic in November 🤞🙏.

I spoke with one of our strength and conditioning coaches about the best way to accomplish as much of my goals as possible over the course of what I originally committed myself to - six weeks. I am someone who positively despises exercising. I joke that the only reason to run is to avoid being hit by a bus. So this was a really big challenge for me.

Yesterday I passed Day 100 (4 days into Week 17). WOO HOO!!! And I have not skipped one.single.day that wasn't a scheduled "off day". That, Ladies and Gentlemen, is a really amazing feat for me. The scale still says 107.5, which is a good thing. I have lost inches here and there. New jeans are now a necessity. Bikini on order 😊

It looks like I will have at least three more weeks at home. I am scheduled to work the tournament in Boston. But, MA has issued a 14 day quarantine for visitors from a number of states, including NV. I am guessing I won't be going since we are still spiking here. So, I am going to add another 3 weeks (at least) to my challenge. I am very pleased with myself right now. But if I make it through those weeks too, I will likely need rotator cuff surgery from all the patting myself on the back 🤣

PS-I still DESPISE exercise, but I like what it can accomplish.

• Like 3
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone recently pointed out, I am very much a "glass half empty" kind of guy.   That being said, occasionally there is a beam of joy in the misery that is my life.   Today,it was coming home a

It is a perfect day in Paris too. Had a lovely walk around the 9th this morning, and will soon be going to meet a friend for lunch, it will be nice to eat outside.

Because of some holiday, the subway is very empty today.

Posted Images

14 hours ago, StephanieL said:

N is on a local gardening group on Facebook.  She arranged a pickup of manure from someone who keeps chickens, and the woman is throwing in a dozen fresh eggs for free.

I would get horse manure when I lived off the southerner part of Quito Road on the way to - there were some pretty big houses and farms existed down that way. Loaded up the trunk with it. Shit, that was before RT 85 even existed!

This woman lives down in Fremont, apparently in a regular residential neighborhood like ours but in an older house.  N said she keeps ducks too.  The eggs are beautiful--some have those pale blue shells.  A few are going into the custard N is making tonight.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Links to the lists of stuff:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bjUAzgGRYsEL5JC-UiGy1gK3I50gAQ-XIdEuI_8ZF44/edit#gid=405444689

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZOzEc3nxbaYrfj-k0S6AIMuwF9xN2yAPz1d0LDW7L_Q/edit#gid=1011132381

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rRUkA0esJS3lLRMEmvlbTctEi6jIkdT-wz3Kel3vSaw/edit#gid=1395647635

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MO1YJ9Zi4ZdbFBv1k_p6xKfCkyrr5HcjHCuTi2tUTLo/edit#gid=0

Text of the email I got (the info's not online, as far as I can tell):

*FLASH SALE*

We're offering one FINAL chance to shop our curated wine cellar - including a premium selection of wine, beer and now, liquor - all at 30% off of industry cost.  With a bottle list developed by our award-winning chefs, acclaimed mixologists and world-class sommeliers - this is an opportunity you won't want to miss! This epic sale also includes our library of hardcover cookbooks and glassware.  View our incredible collection via the link below and then email info@chefsclub.com to place your order for pick-up with the item names and desired quantities. Kindly read our terms & conditions, outlined below.

We are excited to offer this incredible sale exclusively to Chefs Club friends and subscribers.
Kindly allow for a 48-hour response time to confirm your order. Please note all orders are received on a first-come, first-serve basis,
and all items are subject to availability. There will be a 10% service fee applied to all orders.  No shipping. All orders available for pick up only at 275 Mulberry.

Pick-up deadline is Saturday August 29, 2020. 

2 hours ago, Sneakeater said:

My copy of the new translation of Huizinga finally arrived after a looooooonnnnnnngggggggg delay!

it it actually more complete than the university of chicago press translation, which is also billed as the first complete english translation?

eta: the university of chicago edition translates the 1924 edition, the new the 1941 edition.