A couple of months ago, I bought a 16-count box of Anthon Berg liqueur-filled chocolates from the Vermont Country Store for $24.95 (before shipping).  Today, I found at my local Grocery Outlet a 26-count box for $5.99.  It may have been overstock from a duty-free shop, as the box says "Travellers Exclusive".  But what a deal!

• Like 1
  • Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone recently pointed out, I am very much a "glass half empty" kind of guy.   That being said, occasionally there is a beam of joy in the misery that is my life.   Today,it was coming home a

It is a perfect day in Paris too. Had a lovely walk around the 9th this morning, and will soon be going to meet a friend for lunch, it will be nice to eat outside.

Because of some holiday, the subway is very empty today.

Posted Images

The few gifts we got each other are still in delivery limbo. But I was able to secretly order (by cramming our Amazon order history with additional, more mundane orders) and receive the deck umbrella we'd planned on anyway for spring. So she'll wake up soon to this.

Christmas morning 2020-1-2.jpg

• Like 1

I cut my finger real good last night; not cooking, but as I was preparing to clean up and didn't notice the knife under a plate next to the sink. (It should not have been there - I'm an idiot).  Fingers are bleeders; this sucker was a good one and took about a half hour before it got under control. Significant Eater, not a good beard when you've got a health issue (the first thing she wants to do is dial 9-1-1), allowed me to convince her that it would eventually stop bleeding all over the place. It did. And when I went into the closet where all the bandages and stuff like that is stored, I had a box of 100 fingertip bandages I had purchased a while ago! They do their job and work quite well.

image.png.7112fc695e756225114f6fe13a1409fc.png

1 hour ago, joethefoodie said:

I cut my finger real good last night; not cooking, but as I was preparing to clean up and didn't notice the knife under a plate next to the sink....

I cut my finger last night -- not badly -- while slicing a lemon for my cocktail. I was able to estimate how many cocktails I've made at home since the bars closed on March 17, and therefore how many lemon (lime, etc) slices I'd had to make. One cut finger out of all those slices is a pretty good average, and therefore this is on the right thread.

3 hours ago, Wilfrid said:

I cut my finger last night -- not badly -- while slicing a lemon for my cocktail. I was able to estimate how many cocktails I've made at home since the bars closed on March 17, and therefore how many lemon (lime, etc) slices I'd ehad to make. One cut finger out of all those slices is a pretty good average, and therefore this is on the right thread.

Yeah - I hadn't cut myself at all in these pandemic times; a few burns, sure.

2 hours ago, voyager said:

There is good reason I’m such a bitch about knives around the sink.   NEVER a knife in the “ dishpan”, and NEVER hide or put a knife where it’s not obvious.    Good thoughts for you, joe.

NEVER is a great concept.  So is drinking a bottle of wine, smoking a little, etc. etc. 

24 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

NEVER is a great concept.  So is drinking a bottle of wine, smoking a little, etc. etc. 

As you proved, rules and reality sometimes don’t coincide.

9 hours ago, Anthony Bonner said:

No such luck here.  Good thing I proved my Xmas bread last night and we're supposed to have ham for dinner.

Yikes. Hope it's back soon! Some huge trees and power poles down in our area but got lucky this time, unlike the last storm when it was 3 days without. 

RTBC: getting extra BBQ from our neighbors who have a BBQ catering business.  We'd given them some of the chocolate snickerdoodles I'd made and some of the 3-bean salad N had put up a few months ago (we've got like 10 jars of the stuff still).

13 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

Those are NICE!

Thanks! I'm very happy.

8 hours ago, joethefoodie said:

I am so paranoid about doing something that sends me to the hospital that I'm extra careful. Unfortunately, that also means I startle more easily than usual, so I've been dropping a lot of stuff.