• Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone recently pointed out, I am very much a "glass half empty" kind of guy.   That being said, occasionally there is a beam of joy in the misery that is my life.   Today,it was coming home a

It is a perfect day in Paris too. Had a lovely walk around the 9th this morning, and will soon be going to meet a friend for lunch, it will be nice to eat outside.

Because of some holiday, the subway is very empty today.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, voyager said:

But you have to accept that these are just people trying to eek out a marginal living.     Smarmy yes, but so is much of our commerce.   

Eek out a marginal living by preying on unsuspecting people? With robocalls and robo emails?

2 hours ago, small h said:

I get a fair amount of Chinese phone spam also. Nothing to do with my ethnicity (100% Eastern European), most likely about where I live (Lower East Side).

I don't think it has to do with neighborhood because I get it as well.

We would get bombarded with it at a former job. 10 - 15 messages left on voice mail a day. After the first couple of times I figured out how to identify the phone numbers so I didn't bother picking up.

I get about one  Chinese call a week on my cel which is fairly insulated...except that husband keeps giving my number to people he is doing business with but doesn't want to deal with.   

3:10pm in the country.    Hear a whoop and look down the hill to see two medium small sized kids fly down "Main Street" on their bikes, followed slightly more sedately by their older sister.    Online school out for the day.  And freedom like they've never had in town.   

Our place is small, perfect for three but cramped for seven.    Son bought a house in the village where they have room to stretch their legs and wings.    I'm looking out on fruit trees in bloom, Wicked Witch green grass and joyful kids.   Life is very good.

•  
12 hours ago, voyager said:

I'm looking out on fruit trees in bloom, Wicked Witch green grass and joyful kids.   Life is very good.

Ahhh, the splendors of California in March. I do miss it occasionally.

Even more importantly, my big toe DOES NOT HAVE GOUT.

Instead, just really bad bone on bone arthritis. I mean it was bad 23 years ago when it was first repaired. Even the doc said I got a lot of mileage out of that first surgery!

1 hour ago, joethefoodie said:

Ahhh, the splendors of California in March. I do miss it occasionally.

Even more importantly, my big toe DOES NOT HAVE GOUT.

Instead, just really bad bone on bone arthritis. I mean it was bad 23 years ago when it was first repaired. Even the doc said I got a lot of mileage out of that first surgery!

https://youtu.be/76CHsbIabuE

• Like 1

Somehow I like my pichures better.    But then as you said, it's not your toe...

If it makes you feel any better or at least offers company, I am having similar agony with my right thumb.    Exacerbated by shuffling cards while playing solitaire.    And typing.  🤨