• Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone recently pointed out, I am very much a "glass half empty" kind of guy.   That being said, occasionally there is a beam of joy in the misery that is my life.   Today,it was coming home a

It is a perfect day in Paris too. Had a lovely walk around the 9th this morning, and will soon be going to meet a friend for lunch, it will be nice to eat outside.

Because of some holiday, the subway is very empty today.

Posted Images

Boy is playing video games with one of his besties via Face-time. It's so funny to listen them. I feel like I'm getting a peak into his world.

• Like 2

Austin update: Monday, the plumber installed my new tankless water heater, and I have hot water for the first time in two weeks. First shower at home in that time and fresh, clean sheets. Oh, frabjus day!!! Of course, to temper that enthusiasm, I managed to run my lower retainer through the disposal - that must be why the gods made credit cards....

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

The apartment smells of chicken stock.

And the corollary -is there anything better than eating freshly cooked chicken right out of the soup pot?

13 hours ago, bloviatrix said:

And the corollary -is there anything better than eating freshly cooked chicken right out of the soup pot?

My dad and I loved to steal the boiled chicken from the soup pot (I also liked the carrots).

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, theclash said:

I'm Maine they call this a camp, not sure what they call it other places but this is where I hope to be spending most of the summer

PXL_20210411_173608886.jpg

PXL_20210411_173553562.jpg

Heaven.    Keep us informed/included.   For years we visited Maine every summer.    I miss it!

1 hour ago, voyager said:

Heaven.    Keep us informed/included.   For years we visited Maine every summer.    I miss it!

You are welcome to come up and help install the dock 😀

Friends of ours bought a site at an old logging camp on Canada Lake in the Appalachians.  They then spent a number of years building and having the house that now exists there built. There are no roads to the house; access is via boat, across the lake, which gets drawn down every autumn before it freezes, so their usable months are generally April - October.

Not my thing, but it sure is beautiful up there (also, it's about a 4 - 5 hour drive from the city), and I look forward to a weekend or two up there each year.

He's done and had a lot of dock work done!

2108160300_2015_09_041126.thumb.JPG.ea2d9763a78fdc11d6df1c84ee10811f.JPG

The site was bought with all the old camp stuff still around. Like these awesome plates...

361272868_2015_09_041187.thumb.JPG.3f97b77ada0b1b3a344731cc0cd32b93.JPG

As I said, it's fun for a weekend or two...

1756232378_2015_09_051218.thumb.JPG.208f52b5d9f8f29747bb3cd9e21a20a0.JPG

• Like 1

After six months of quality of life issues I blamed on Covid restrictions rather than the fact that my right knee was going south, I bit the bullet and saw an orthopedist this morning.    He recommended and administered a cortisone shot that I didn't feel.    That, and my return to my exercise bike, will be my new life.   The bike is funny.   I shunned it for a long while because the knee hurt.    But I recently found that once you get through the first minute of excrusia, the knee is happy spinning along.    Dr agreed and said to just keep on keeping on.

• Thanks 1