• Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone recently pointed out, I am very much a "glass half empty" kind of guy.   That being said, occasionally there is a beam of joy in the misery that is my life.   Today,it was coming home a

It is a perfect day in Paris too. Had a lovely walk around the 9th this morning, and will soon be going to meet a friend for lunch, it will be nice to eat outside.

Because of some holiday, the subway is very empty today.

Posted Images

Thanks, and I wholeheartedly agree.    I've had three hip replacement which were easy-peasy, but at my age a knee replacement (in essentially a three story house) sounds like a chunk of serious down-time, and questionable resurrection.   To repeat, I have been astounded by the immediate help I get from riding my bike.   Again, the first minute or so is agonizing, or has been, but once in stride, there is NO PAIN, and residual good feeling.   I asked the Dr if I could forego the steroid for the time being and just concentrate on the bike, but he (got between me and the door and) strongly urged me to go with it then and there.   And also again, I was totally amazed that I did not feel the shot AT ALL.    He suggested that the benefits would last from 3/4 to a year.

Now that N is fully vaccinated and I've had my first shot, we finally felt comfortable enough to have our first dining experience (sitting down at a table, with servers) in 13 months: outdoors at our favorite tiki bar, having drinks and guac & chips.

• Like 2
On 4/15/2021 at 5:59 PM, voyager said:

but he (got between me and the door and) strongly urged me to go with it then and there

Without the shot, how much can he actually bill insurance?!

Considering that I am enjoying 100% relief, it was/will be worth "whatever" at twice the price.   I live in essentially a three story house since much of the pantry and freezer are in the. basement, and I'm now doing stairs without pain or hesitation.   Or hills, that I have been avoiding as descent has been excruciatingly painful.    I am REALLY happy, and only wonder how long this will last.

eta, this guy is the lead orthopedist for one of the Bay Area's major league teams, so he doesn't need me to pay the rent.

• Like 1

The tennis players that I know who’ve had the shots in their knees tell me that it’s pretty much an annual thing at most.  One guy said that there was a year that he had to get another after six or so months.

I almost got one 5 years ago when my knees were aching and clicking after tennis, but I stopped playing on hard courts and started only playing on clay/har-tru.  The problem abated almost immediately.

34 minutes ago, Steve R. said:

The tennis players that I know who’ve had the shots in their knees tell me that it’s pretty much an annual thing at most. 

At my age, that work for me!

30 minutes ago, Sneakeater said:

So voyager:  only walk up and down clay/har-tru stairs. 

The wine's in the cellar!    The stairs are oak. 

It’s been many years since they invented cd changers that could load over 100 cds and play them as desired with the touch of a button or two.  So, isn’t it time to find someone to invent a Rube Goldberg contraption for your wine cellar that would fetch a bottle from a numbered shelf space and bring it up to you thru your newly revamped dumbwaiter?

or just hire a dumb waiter?