Coffee bean grinders

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good burr coffee grinder, one that doesn't spit grounds all over the counter, that is easy to retrieve grounds from? I'm still using a several decade old Krups that spews grounds in a foot circle, has sharp interior corners where you have to dig the grounds out. Grinding the daily coffee has become a variant of "Hit the ball, drag Harry."

• Like 8
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good burr coffee grinder, one that doesn't spit grounds all over the counter, that is easy to retrieve grounds from? I'm still using a several decade old Krup

Thirding. It's what I use at the office for pourovers.   I'll tell you what I absolutely love though- my zojirushi water boiler.

It teaches you what it must have felt like to be an employee at early Ssam Bar.

Thanks everyone for these good suggestions. After reading reviews, and realizing that mine (an original Braun some 30 years old without a sick day) is still producing consistently good grounds, and learning that some degree of incontinence seems to be indemic, I guess I'll hang in until replacement becomes mandatory. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Braun-4045-White-Burr-Coffee-Grinder/272078593625?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3D2290088e90a24793a2bf48500b678fbf%26pid%3D100338%26rk%3D9%26rkt%3D11%26sd%3D301819038558

Like the Italian cookie, it's brutto ma buono.

I second the Capresso Infinity, on the low/affordable end of the burr price spectrum. It was recommended to me by Tony "Tonx" Konecny of coffee on the opposite coast, and aside from me having to tap the tray to shake some grinds off its inner sides, I've been very happy with it.