Sign in to follow this  
Suzanne F

Winter 2015-2016

Totally surprised (and impressed) that the Times was delivered this morning.

my wsj beat the plows to my door!

• Like 1

We went out about 10:00 am to the Greenmarket, but no one, nothing was there. So we took a walk in the park, looking at the woods and then the lagoon. Lots of ice around the edge, quite unusual. The park was gorgeous with the snow. Then we went to the hipster coffee place where we usually get takeout; sat there to eat instead, buying a bit more because we wanted to support them for being there for the neighborhood.

I'm making soup now--had planned on this anyway--and waiting to see/here if the dance concert we have tickets for tonight will go on. I guess I'd better check with the venue.

ETA: Cancelled. So we'll eat the soup, maybe listen to the radio. Oh, and work during the rest of the day.

Mine, too, despite an e-mail stating that it would be delivered tomorrow. The newspaper delivery guy will get a tip next Christmas.

Everything seems to be shutting down: driving ban, overground subway, and the mayor is even asking restaurants to close and let their staff go home.

Streets deserted in my neighborhood but we managed to find an open bar 2 blocks from the house. Martini time!

noticed a car stuck in the middle of the boulevard since 10 am, soon it'll be so plowed under that one of the plows is going to hit it

I'm listening to all the Beethoven symphonies.

Because I'm pretentious.

Not necessarily. What's on your plate and in your cup? You had us worried by your end of week empty larder post.

my wsj beat the plows to my door!

Our WSJ showed up as well. And yet, no mail. What happened to the USPS claim that "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

I'm listening to all the Beethoven symphonies.

Because I'm pretentious.

Not necessarily. What's on your plate and in your cup? You had us worried by your end of week empty larder post.

You can decide whether to worry or not.

You can decide whether to worry or not.

You know, the whole concept is odious, but I'm probably going to have to eat a lot of salads for lunch next week, to make up for the lack of roughage in my defrosted diet.

the fairy princess pajama party that was cancelled yesterday is happening today so we're off to clinton hill!