Sign in to follow this  
Suzanne F

Winter 2015-2016

We just had an oatmeal breakfast and are about to head out to the park. Maybe I should bring a collapsed cardboard carton for coasting!

• Like 1

Still stranded at my mom's house in Florida with my brother, but we're trying to make the best of it:

CZgJD8lUkAE00nW.jpg

you poor little lambs, we'll take up a collection to get you back home to nyc, by bus

Still stranded at my mom's house in Florida with my brother, but we're trying to make the best of it:

you poor little lambs, we'll take up a collection to get you back home to nyc, by bus

Yeah, sorry, that was kind of a dick move on my part :)

Shouldn't that have been in When Complaining is Really Bragging?

Today's temperature is a balmy -7C (windchill -8C) and by Wednesday, it's supposed to rise to 1C. That's 1 degree above 0! It'll practically be summer!!

On our walk through the park, we saw four male cardinals and a male red-bellied woodpecker. And of course a whole lot of mourning doves, blue jays, and chickadees. Bare trees + perfectly clear, bright sky + background of white white snow made it easy to see them all, even though we didn't bring binoculars. (This is also a RTBC.)

So the car that got stranded on the Boulevard is still there in the middle of the crosswalk of a lane that leads from an expressway exit. Now it's plowed in, blocking turning cars from having visibility of folks attempting to cross the boulevard. There were at least a dozen sanitation workers working all day on the same corner, shoveling the curb cuts and bus stops but no one did anything about the car. Better still, a plow came right behind the workers who cleared the curbs and bus stops and plowed snow and slush right into the cleared space. Now, I'm not happy that my taxes paid for either effort.

I'm listening to all the Beethoven symphonies.

Because I'm pretentious.

What's?! You listened to music I've actually heard of and like? Since Michael and I often listen to all the symphonies in order, does that mean we're pretentious?

No blizzard here but the Domaine Pegau Chateauneuf du Pape Reservee '95 was outstanding tonight with Turkish food...arnavut cigeri, babaganush, lamb shesh kabob, tibuli, and Turkish bread with olive oil (sp on all of these?), then chocolate mignardises.

Really a special wine...and, yes, we drank it too young but have no regrets!

I'm FB friends with someone in my old apartment building, so I got to vicariously experience the blizzard through his photos. Had I been in the city, I would have done what I did in every weekend blizzard--watch movies and drink hot cocoa.

Why my almost 73-year-old father decided to shovel the snow off the roof of the NJ house rather than pay someone to do it, I'll never know. My sister and I were both worried.

Yeah, sorry, that was kind of a dick move on my part :)

Yeah. But you have a gun.

• Like 1

No blizzard here but the Domaine Pegau Chateauneuf du Pape Reservee '95 was outstanding tonight with Turkish food...arnavut cigeri, babaganush, lamb shesh kabob, tibuli, and Turkish bread with olive oil (sp on all of these?), then chocolate mignardises.

Really a special wine...and, yes, we drank it too young but have no regrets!

THAT'S the spirit!!!!!

I'm listening to all the Beethoven symphonies.

Because I'm pretentious.

What's?! You listened to music I've actually heard of and like? Since Michael and I often listen to all the symphonies in order, does that mean we're pretentious?

We can all be pretentious together.

Was in Puerto Escondido stuck for an extra three days, in a beautiful suite, overlooking the nearby ocean. I don't know how I was able to remain as calm as I was. Landed in the DF later this evening, getting ready for the cold and of course reality