Sign in to follow this  
hollywood

NFL 2016

Tom Brady got intercepted trying for a 2-point conversion with 12 seconds left in the game. There is a [insert deity of your choice here].

The spread is about 4.5 points. It might be a good game, especially if Denver's defense plays like it did yesterday.

Mind you, I'm not picking Denver to win.

I watched the Broncos / Pats game in a bar filled primarily with Jets and Giants fans. The place erupted in cheers every time Brady got hit.

I have to give him his due - he's probably the best pure passer I ever saw. Give him 3 or 4 seconds and he'll kill you. But get somebody in the backfield and he becomes mortal. Unlike QBs like Aaron Rodgers and Joe Montana he's really not particularly good at avoiding rushers.

I'm the last guy to cite stats but I heard today that the #1 ranked defense in the NFL has been in the Super Bowl 11 times and won 9 of 11. The #1 ranked offense has been in the Super Bowl 10 times and has won 5 of 10. So there is some hope for Denver.

Unlike QBs like Aaron Rodgers and Joe Montana he's really not particularly good at avoiding rushers.

Or Cam Newton, even.

He's as big as Ben Roethlisberger and much, much faster. I haven't watched him enough to see how he handles a pass rusher. Ben moves just enough to evade them and has great downfield vision. He buys time while his receivers get open. I have a feeling we'll get plenty of chances to see how Newton handles a pass rush in the Superbowl.

I'm the last guy to cite stats but I heard today that the #1 ranked defense in the NFL has been in the Super Bowl 11 times and won 9 of 11. The #1 ranked offense has been in the Super Bowl 10 times and has won 5 of 10. So there is some hope for Denver.

Denver needs to keep the game close.

My grapevine is already rife with speculation that the Jets could be his next stop (presuming he is playing football next season) :ph43r: .

Ryan Leaf is tanned, rested, and ready.

Seriously, Todd Bowles would go nuts if Woody Johnson forced Manziel on him.

I read that yesterday. I understand why Kaepernick would want to get out of SF. He's going to be working with his 3rd coach in 3 years. Clearly the ownership/front office has no idea what they're doing. Why stick around?

SF will do just fine without him. They've got Blaine Gabbert.

• Like 1