Sign in to follow this  
hollywood

NFL 2016

A short time before, he had taken a big hit and was noticeably distressed by how his left shoulder felt. He could merely have been avoiding further insult to the area.

At least twice towards the end of the game, Cam was lying on the ground thrashing his arms and legs about in fury like a two year old.

Don't remember Montana or Elway doing that.

Or Russell Wilson last year, even after he threw that last second interception.

He's a great QB who needs to grow up a bit.

Yes, Hollywood, LA now has the Rams back and the team just couldn't wait to shoot itself in the foot. Actually, both feet and just for fun, in the knee.

The Rams new football palace won't be ready until 2019. Until then they'll be playing in the 93 year old Coliseum, the site of the 1932 Olympics. So they figured they needed to distract the fans by buying them a new toy. A brand new quarterback using the #1 pick in the draft.

This toy doesn't come cheap. They traded a bunch of draft picks to the Tennessee Titans to get it. Lets let ESPN tell the story.

Tennessee sent the top selection, along with its fourth- (No. 113) and sixth-round (No. 177) picks this year, to the Rams in a blockbuster trade in exchange for Los Angeles' first-round pick (No. 15), two second-round selections (Nos. 43 and 45) and a third-round pick (No. 76) in 2016. The Titans will also get the Rams' first- and third-round picks in 2017.

The Rams gave up 6 picks to get back 3. The Rams have given the Titans two number 1s, two number 2s, and two number 3s. Down in Nashville the owner and GM have been rolling around the floor laughing all afternoon.

You know what this reminds me of? The Herschel Walker trade.

From Wikipedia -

The Vikings had assumed that they got the better end of the deal, but not knowing at the time, Head Coach Jimmy Johnson was interested only in the draft choices and not the players (although cornerback Issiac Holt was kept around till Super Bowl 27). Dallas ended up with a total of six of Minnesota's picks over the succeeding years, two 1st round and one 2nd round picks were used to draft Emmitt Smith and Darren Woodson, winning multiple Super Bowls and being voted on to go to the Pro Bowl numerous times. Jimmy Johnson used the other draft picks to make trades with other teams around the NFL. One of the trades led to obtaining the first overall draft pick in 1991, which was used to draft Russell Maryland. In other words, the trade of Walker to the Vikings contributed largely to the Cowboys' success in the early 1990s. For this reason, ESPN.com lists it as the 8th most lopsided trade in sports history. 17 years later, the trade was still an easy target for satire: one ESPN columnist, assessing the impact of free agency on the NFL, noted that it had almost entirely replaced significant trades and by doing so "took away one of the greatest shortcuts to becoming a Super Bowl champion: fleecing the Vikings."

This new QB better be really good because the Rams have given away the farm to get him.

Lex, the old Rams once traded 9 players to get Ollie Matson. Nothing new here.

The Coliseum has for years been home to USC's games so I don't think it will be a problem for a pro team. In fact, the Raiders also played there.

Meanwhile, you'll be rooting for whom? Those lovable Jets?

Do you want me to start posting links to articles that say the Rams got hosed? Do you really want me to do that?

Do you want me to start posting links to articles that say the Rams got hosed? Do you really want me to do that?

Feel free. We'll have to see how it plays out. No articles can change that. You might be right. But maybe not.

Meanwhile, we know how the Jets have done lately.

I've got six articles already.

I'll bet you're curious as to what ESPN readers think. I've got the answer. Out of more than 36,000 voters, 85% think the Rams got hosed.

26407578506_987edefc03_o.jpg

When you break it down by state the numbers don't change much. In California 73% of the voters think the Rams got the short side of the stick.

26160665350_821fa7e8de_o.jpg

they gave up less than the slurs did.

the tackle was the consensus when the titans had the first pick.

Not like the Ricky Williams deal made Washington football team a dominant force. Qb is high variance and high risk, but very important. If they think Goff is Brady 2 or something, it's worth it. If they're wrong, it probably won't make some huge long term difference (saints were super bowl winners 10 years after the Williams trade, legit threats a few years before that).

I've got six articles already.

I'll bet you're curious as to what ESPN readers think. I've got the answer. Out of more than 36,000 voters, 85% think the Rams got hosed.

26407578506_987edefc03_o.jpg

When you break it down by state the numbers don't change much. In California 73% of the voters think the Rams got the short side of the stick.

26160665350_821fa7e8de_o.jpg

I don't dispute this is what ESPN readers think. How many teams do they own?