Sign in to follow this  
Sneakeater

Indian Accent

Appreciate the detailed write up. The obvious comparison I can see is with Junoon. Kind of Michelin-ish. Have you been there, Sneak?

Junoon was good, though perhaps not quite at the level I wanted it to be [i doubt I'd have given it a Michelin star, even on the 'New York curve']. I very much hope Indian Accent is better.

Was it Junoon or Tulsi who had the eager sommelier? I do remember we drank a lovely Dönnhoff at Junoon, but it doesn't take any special knowledge to order Dönnhoff for your cellar [or pair riesling with Asian food]. The well regarded sommelier was matching Indian dishes with French reds, etc.

OK, it's Dolinski at Junoon.

Edited: this sort of plaintive commenting rarely looks good, but I can understand why he was upset.

Junoon does have a star. Sneak's write-up reminded me of it, but I'm curious whether Indian Accent is at a different level.

based on a) junoon's online menu and b) the assumption that indian accent new york is very similar to indian accent, delhi, i would hazard that indian accent has a different approach to indian food. junoon seems like it serves a pan-indian menu of dishes that are probably pretty close to their traditional iterations. indian accent does something else.

have the indian accent people been talking up their international reputation--their san pellegrino ranking etc.-- or is there already a strong awareness of that in new york? then again is "22nd best restaurant in asia" really a big deal?

Orik, is that you?

Kidnapped,made to post for my release. But seriously, hard to fault anything but the freakish menu structure / pricing scheme.

[wearily begins the process of wrangling together a dinner party :mellow: ] It looks like they're still not releasing most tables to OpenTable. Or their tables for four are almost completely booked up.

It was full tonight. It really is pretty expensive in a bizarre sort of way.