one free meal in chicago

so I have one meal in chicago next week. schwa would be my first choice but they won't call me back.

the rick bayless places are really appealing to me. still good? is one better than the others?

I'll be eating with someone who is incapable of looking formal, so grace is out unless it's more like ko or bianca than chevallier.

anything else? should I just take a cab to munster?

• Like 1
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

so I have one meal in chicago next week. schwa would be my first choice but they won't call me back.   the rick bayless places are really appealing to me. still good? is one better than the other

I've been here too long. The dining scene here is strange and generic and soulless. I could write a list of menu items and it would be 75 percent of the Chicago menus that I've been too.   It r

go to Kuma Korner and drink some Three Floyds Zombie Dust and listen to some awesome music.. You can always do that after dinner too for a late night burger.. The girl and the goat is a fun place, especially if you can sit at the grill.. Is Alinea out of the picture?

Kuma's Korner and Frontera Grill are good choices. Haven't been to girl goat yet, but I hear good things about it. And you can't go wrong with any Lettuce Entertain You place. http://m.leye.com/restaurants

Our favorites are Joe's seafood, prime steak and stone crab, bub city (bbq and live music), and RPM steak. Sadly they closed Paris Club in January to go with an Italian theme. Paris Club was our favorite.

I liked Little Goat when I was in Chicago a couple of years ago. Fun to sit at the counter, like at a diner. Also like a diner, the menu is all over the map, and people were ordering lots, little, whatever they felt like. The fried chicken was good, and enough to be breakfast the next day a well.

Other places I went to then were good, but fancier and/or more expensive without necessarily being more fun or better food. Never have been to Kuma's Korner, but would love to try it.