Sign in to follow this  
Mr. RBI

Le Coq Rico

I think villagerOfTheEast is trying to hint that there's more trouble here than just Westermann not hanging out.

Something along the lines of not making a profit, perhaps?

Ding Ding Ding! This, from "Chefs on the Move" in the NYT, would make me a little nervous if I were a fan of the restaurant:

Antoine Westermann

The French chef is no longer involved with the New York location of Le Coq Rico, his Paris restaurant. In an email, Mr. Westermann, who maintains a 25 percent stake in the New York branch, said he was no longer participating in its operation in any way. A statement from the restaurant, which opened two and a half years ago and received two stars from Pete Wells of The New York Times, said it was because of “a restructuring in management.” But a spokeswoman for the chef said he was pressured to leave because profits were not meeting expectations, and he was unwilling to compromise on the quality of the poultry he was serving. The executive chef, Guillaume Ginther, who has been in the kitchen from the beginning, will remain in his role. Mr. Westermann still owns and runs the Paris location, and says he is eager to open another poultry restaurant in New York.

Tl;dr prices will go up, quality will go down.

At least I have plenty of time to search for a replacement.

Or, prices will go down, and they'll serve Perdue.

went for lunch yesterday, nice service, food still good but not quite the same and offering a more limited menu.