Le Coq Rico

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They are at Home depot:   A "heads up" for you all who may be regular Home Depot customers. Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get suppli

Arrived at 7:00 pm Friday 3/11/16. Opened the day before. A beautiful space and very accommodating staff. We shared the first two courses. My wife had sautéed chicken livers, hummus & mâche, I h

Well then, a double welcome to Mr. RBI! You have already demonstrated exquisite taste.   Definitely a place I'm interested in trying.   I just have one question: I noticed those numbers (110 day

Funny, when i dined there I distinctly recall that they willingly transferred our cocktails to the dinner bill.

Seriously, they must've liked you more. After all, I had to point out that they were ripping me off to the tune of $10. On a $60 bottle of wine.

And then the hominahominahomina-ing.

The bartender that night also smashed a wine glass right in front of my wife, during our 15 minutes at the bar.

Funny, when i dined there I distinctly recall that they willingly transferred our cocktails to the dinner bill.

Seriously, they must've liked you more. After all, I had to point out that they were ripping me off to the tune of $10. On a $60 bottle of wine.

And then the hominahominahomina-ing.

The bartender that night also smashed a wine glass right in front of my wife, during our 15 minutes at the bar.

If they liked me all that much they would not have given me that dreadful table.

Oeufs en meurette

Soul food!

pig's feet

Sole food!

For what it's worth, the only recollection I have from my forgettable dinner at Buerehiesel in Strasbourg when it had three of those MIchelin stars was that my request for terrine of foie gras, to which I was really looking forward, was met with Westermann words, "We are sold out of it". Of all the meals I have had in similarly-rated restaurants in France, it is the only time this has happened. Nonetheless I am somewhat curious to try Le Coq Rico.

The service that Robert Brown received was sandalous.

We will be going in May. Thanks to all who have reported, it will be difficult to choose dishes beyond the whole chicken (four will be sharing it). If we get offered a table in that passageway, we will surely request another. All in all, looking forward to it!

We will be going in May. Thanks to all who have reported, it will be difficult to choose dishes beyond the whole chicken (four will be sharing it). If we get offered a table in that passageway, we will surely request another. All in all, looking forward to it!

Since there will be four of you, you need not be concerned about being offered a table in the passageway as they all seat only two.

That's a relief. I got some practice complaining while I was in L.A. (after being told I could have a hotel room with only one bed even though I told them I needed two when I reserved), but I probably won't remember how to do it nicely by the time I go to the restaurant.

I'm curious about the advantages of the chicken slaughtered at 120 days.* I'm sure most chickens are slaughtered young (6-8 weeks) for commercial reasons, but I understood that it was thought that birds 12 weeks or older started to develop tough flesh (unless neutered). Thoughts?

*Or, as Eater euphemistically puts it: "a free-range, hormone-free specimen that's aged [sic] for 120 days before slaughter."

I didn't find the flesh to be tough at all on my (1/4) bird, which is their 110-day old (per their menu) Brune Landaise...it certainly had more chew to it than a Perdue or Bell & Evans, but in a good way - to my taste.

I did find the breast meat to be a little dry, however.