thai food in denver/boulder metros

I would be up for a group lunch on Friday July 14 - Bastille Day and all that . .rlm, I know you work in the hinterlands and that doesn't work for you . can you "work from home" that day?

I can't technically work from home, but we do have flexible hours and can make up our time as long as the Powers That Be know where we're at and we don't have any customer obligations at that time. So I would probably be able to swing it.

Or I could suddenly come down with the Hantavirus. (Just kidding, boss.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still up for lunch on Friday, but barring interest here will gather a group from work if I can . . where exacty is this place?

South Boulder Road between McCaslin and Via Appia, if I recall. ETA: Google Map

I am still up for lunch on Friday, but barring interest here will gather a group from work if I can . . where exacty is this place?

South Boulder Road between McCaslin and Via Appia, if I recall. ETA: Google Map

It's in the Safeway shopping center (on the north side of South Boulder Rd), west of 95th, a few doors west of Walgreens. (East of both McCaslin and Via Appia.) I'm in! What time?

I hate to discourage anyone's enthusiasm, but I was there tonight and Yummy Yummy is still NOT open. They still have a July 9th grand opening notice up on the door, but I guess that didn't happen. They do have a sign up now that says "A Yummy Yummy." (Where did the "A" come from?)

I think I'm going to pass on driving all the way over there until I get confirmation from someone that they've actually had curry touch their lips in that location.

I hate to discourage anyone's enthusiasm, but I was there tonight and Yummy Yummy is still NOT open. They still have a July 9th grand opening notice up on the door, but I guess that didn't happen. They do have a sign up now that says "A Yummy Yummy." (Where did the "A" come from?)

I think I'm going to pass on driving all the way over there until I get confirmation from someone that they've actually had curry touch their lips in that location.

I saw that new A Yummy Yummy sign from a distance; it also said THAI, in great big letters. I guess I let my hopes outrun reality. Thanks, Robin.

we could of course call the aurora location and ask what's up. or would that be too easy?

we could of course call the aurora location and ask what's up. or would that be too easy?

We nominate you to call. I just got home after an unplanned meal at Jax (which went great with the unplanned bottle of cava) since YummyX2 wasn't open.

Did she close the Aurora location? Because I called the phone number listed in the Denver Post & Rocky Mountain News reviews, 720-858-9121, and got a recording saying the number is disconnected. Their website yummythai.com hasn't been working for a while now, although you do get some amusing links when you try to go to the URL--"Look Sexy Naked," beef jerky, and Free Rachael Ray Books (I'm not making this up).

Edited to add-Looks like I get a different set of links each time I reload the page.

Edited by rlm

I just stopped by the new Yummy location. The door was open. The lights were on. Pim was there, sitting at a table. Alas, she says they're having hassles with paperwork, the health department. She doesn't think she'll be open for another two to three weeks. She has closed the Aurora location. The phone number for the new place is 303-241-7664. She will serve lunch and dinner Tuesday - Saturday; on Sunday, dinner only. She will be closed on Mondays.

• 2 weeks later...

The good news. Yes, Yummy is indeed open.

Now the bad news. Excuses, first. I hope it was my fault. I was in a hurry, so I just picked up a lunch special to go. There are two lunch special choices each day. Today's choices were BarBQ Pork with red sauce or yellow curry and stir-fried chicken cashew. The lunch special includes soup and vegetable pad thai. Today's soup was tom yum beef; I got the pork with red sauce. Now the bad news. Soup was okay. The pork and pad thai were both weirdly sweet and bland. Maybe because it's the lunch special? I ate a few bites, and threw the rest away.

Seriously not yummy.