At some point in my life, I feel like I've eaten turkey bacon that didn't upset me -- but I have no idea what the brand was. Whenever I've tried store bought, it's disappointed.

I wonder if you could smoke turkey skin and make chicharrones?

ETA: make that smoked gribenes

I think of turkey bacon in the same way I think of diet Coke. I only have it as an occasional treat so when I do I want the real thing.

I suspect Daniel is looking for something he can serve at the restaurant that doesn't suck and that's commendable. Then again, customers that order turkey bacon probably aren't the most discerning people in the world.

• Like 1

i have been thinking about a turkey sandwich with turkey bacon... i dont think i have seen a turkey club with turkey bacon... obviously, i should be using ham bacon the same way, someone should be eating porchetta and not the turkey but, there are those types among us. We just had our Union Pork Store guys make a turkey for us and it's fan freaking tastic .. we are just selling it at the deli counter by the pound but, It really needs a sandwich..

Try blanching the turkey bacon for a minute and then cook it on the flat top. It should crisp up better. The blanching will help remove excess fat that keeps it from browning. I just looked up some turkey bacon nutrition labels and up to two-thirds of the calories is fat.

Eh, microwaves are for sailors. We only use that for heating up our soup and to take the chill off a tomato sauce prior to topping the meatloaf that gets roasted. Even our burrata we run under hot water instead'a microwaving I'm thinking either Howard's fried chicken skins or chips as a crunch. And this awesome English ale mustard cheese. Red dragon.

S.F.G

But I would like to get back to the fact that I haven't seen a turkey club with turkey bacon. not one example of a turkey sandwich with turkey bacon, anywhere. Is the person who orders turkey ordering turkey "because of the implications". Next I'm going to have people say the word dry When they order.