I realize they're paying you for this, but there's no reason to be nasty about Wilfrid's signature photography style.

At least between this, Lilia, and Aska, there's something to balance the nytimes clownship.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe they just looked at your pictures and decided not to go?

Or it may mean that the board is biased because of features unrelated to the food*. There's nothing wrong with such a bias because we know restaurants are not about food, but Wilfrid and Instagram tog

I realize they're paying you for this, but there's no reason to be nasty about Wilfrid's signature photography style.

At least between this, Lilia, and Aska, there's something to balance the nytimes clownship.

Don't forget Olmsted!

(And I wish someone was paying me.)

• 2 weeks later...

Nice dinner here; on Friday night no less. Chef in Paris, but food still just fine. I think it's a little insane how many people are actually working here, as it can get a little comical at times. For example, a runner took our bread plates away and then someone else came by and replaced our bread plates.

In any event, we thoroughly enjoyed our leisurely meal, including the rabbit, a barely roasted scallop special, the crepinette, endives, quenelle. Dessert, sometimes a little weak according to the pros, was quite good - the chocolate pavé...

31259946406_88384e24ef.jpg

COMP DISCLOSURE: Tongue/caviar dish, oysters, couple glasses red.

• 3 weeks later...

Medium Size H & I celebrated our seventeen years of un-wedded bliss with brunch at Le Coucou yesterday. Although the website menu lists the quenelle, it was not available, so now we have to go back - oh, damn. We made do with the oysters, a couple of buckwheat crepes with lobster & egg, and the celeri remoulade. Everything was very good, but nothing struck me as a dish I absolutely had to have again*. The service was excellent, except for that one time when no one came to re-fold my napkin after I'd left the table (pearl clutch). We were also among the more formally dressed people in the room, and I was wearing a gray sweater and black pants. The bloody mary is fantastic, and also $12, making it one of the best fine-dining bargains in our fair borough.

RNEUZEf.png

*Examples of these include the uni panini (sic) at Un Quinto Pino, the cold skin noodles at Xi'an Famous Foods, and the soft shell crab at The Clam.

. I'll go through this thread to help decide what to order.

On second thought -- 85 pages? Can anyone who has been tell me what to avoid? Wasn't the rabbit a problem at first?

Yes, the rabbit was a problem but Wilf explained to Daniel Rose how to properly cook the legs so it is terrific now.

Roz, that squab looks especially delicious.

• Like 2