The Rest of Us, Paris edition

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.racinesparis.com/

I can't believe that the Francophone African restaurants (Senegal, Cote Ivoire, whatever else France laid its grubby hands on) in Paris aren't better than the ones in New York.

You just have the wrong idea of what a reasonable time is.

Posted Images

It’s on several Montreal & Quebec City menus that I’ve looked at recently.

It’s been several years now, but it was relatively easy to find throughout Provence when we were there.

Any Montreal horseflesh tips welcome.

My nephew is going there soon on a French-language school trip. If there’s to be a Ferris-Bueller-esque international incident, I’d like to be an influencer.

Well, without hijacking too much more of this thread, I can tell you that eater had a 2014 list (https://montreal.eater.com/2014/1/31/6287687/10-restaurants-that-serve-horse-in-montreal) that may have some still accurate info.  Also, I believe that L'Express and Au Pied de Cochon have it and that Joe Beef might well still have it (they had it tartare in April according to a Yelp'er).  In all cases, since the menus change regularly, availability should be checked at the time.

I hope Rich isn't reading my post.  :unsure:

• Like 1

I actually started at the top of the alimentary canal...

GPOztCW.jpg?1

with this langue de veau (très fines tranches) et mayonnaise, at Amarante.  

And instead of Rocky Mountain oysters, let’s call these “Amourettes” (as the menu did) from the Pyrenees, aka lamb testicles with gribiche, at Le Gran Bain.

x9xCAHe.jpg?2

• Like 1

My only consolation is that the Rocky Mountain oysters are served in a much larger portion at the Buckhorn in Denver.

Le Gran Bain mostly serves up small plates.    Which is probably appropriate for many of its dishes.    "Large Plates" are more approachable cuts.