I thought he was president of Claremont-Mckenna? He had been at Claremont before.

The irony is almost overwhelming.

The Times article certainly suggests a sports culture gone wild. Rutgers had a similar situation, and it has taken years and several sports executives to clean it out.

Edited by Rail Paul

Although I like a good Ken Starr bashing as much as the next guy, anyone who thinks that this ain't the tip of the iceberg on college campuses is out of their mind. Right up there with thinking that steroids aren't being used by many more ballplayers (& wannabes) than have been caught. Yeah, like Maria Sharapova would've been my #1 choice in tennis and Baylor is my poster campus for being a college sex offender prosecution free zone. We make them heroes from the time they hit their teens (and by "them" I mean athletes who are better than their peer group at sports), we pay 'em millions, and we don't expect an entire culture of ethics/morals free behavior? Not to mention how many of them are left by the wayside, injured or otherwise, before they get to this level. And, certainly, not to mention the billions generated for the institutions that are supposed to protect the non-revenue producing students (& "academic integrity") over the athletes' interests, regardless of their behaviors.

I believe our boy Pete has some connection to Baylor. Funny he's absent here.

According to LinkedIn, a Baylor grad and a member of the Baylor Letterman's Association.

There was a lot of ink spilled on the case of several Steubenville OH high school football players accused of raping freshman girls. The initial meme was the insult against our fair town by these scurrilous charges. There can be deep emotional ties to our towns our church, our cantor, etc.

Sayreville NJ, Penn State, the Catholic church in many places, several expensive private schools, etc.

One of the more difficult aspects of managing is insuring that the people three and four levels below you are adhering to corporate policy, and doing what they're supposed to. It seems pretty clear that the policy at Baylor (and many other places) was to keep the issue under the blanket. Transfer the alleged offender, pay off the complainer, but keep the issue quiet at all costs.

Ken Starr was given the choice to do what was right, and apparently chose not to do so.

Many of the issues seem to be similar to the decisions faced by the University of Missouri in the face of the Ferguson MO shooting and violence. And Penn State, Yale, etc. The list is long