DanM

Lettuce overload

My CSA has left me with a fridge filled with lettuce. I am right now sitting on 2 heads of red leaf, one green leaf, about a pound of cut mix. I also have Tuscan kale, escarole, and a head of caraflex cabbage. I'm drowning in greens!

What can I do with these leafy lettuces other than salad with every meal?

• Like 2

Cut the heads of leaf lettuce in half lengthwise, tie them with kitchen string, dredge in salt-pepper-olive oil and grill on grill pan, barbeque or, heck, cast iron frying pan. To start a meal, serve with something like this egg/caper dressing: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/boiled_asparagus_with_sieved_eggs_and_caper_vinaigrette/

or a simple drizzle of balsamic to accompany grilled meat.

Cut the heads of leaf lettuce in half lengthwise, tie them with kitchen string, dredge in salt-pepper-olive oil and grill on grill pan, barbeque or, heck, cast iron frying pan. To start a meal, serve with something like this egg/caper dressing: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/boiled_asparagus_with_sieved_eggs_and_caper_vinaigrette/

Possibly serve with grilled mackerel?

Possibly serve with grilled mackerel?

Why not? When's dinner?

Lettuce wraps, lettuce soup, pasta with lettuce

make a nice decoration for the steak you serve

I'm in the same CSA boat and I do as Daniel suggested: lettuce soup. Really delicate, lovely soup that's also good cold with a dollop of yogurt.

Also, juice whatever is left inthe csa

My CSA has left me with a fridge filled with lettuce. I am right now sitting on 2 heads of red leaf, one green leaf, about a pound of cut mix. I also have Tuscan kale, escarole, and a head of caraflex cabbage. I'm drowning in greens!

I hear you. I'm getting sick of salads :)

Finally bought myself a grill :wub: today and the first thing I grilled was a bunch of Tuscan Kale, brushed with olive oil, S&P. It's fantastic.

Throw on some bunny ears and get roleplaying?

Uhhh. Dude. What happens behind closed doors stays behind closed doors. ;-)

• Like 1

I hear you. I'm getting sick of salads :)

Finally bought myself a grill :wub: today and the first thing I grilled was a bunch of Tuscan Kale, brushed with olive oil, S&P. It's fantastic.

The George Foreman table top grill and similar versions handle this task with ease. They show up in thrift shops for $5 and under.

My main complaint about CSAs is the abundance of certain foodstuffs (at times) and the paucity of certain foodstuffs (at other times).

But I do like the philosophy/idea of them. It's just that I guess I'd rather shop.

I feel the same way, I really like to shop. I do supplement my weekly box though.

The reason I really like my CSA is because I am such a creature of habit, I will always make the same things. My CSA has forced me to be creative with the abundance and also seek out different recipes for items that I don't usually get. For example a recent discovery for me was a revelation: roasted radishes. (I'm sure I'm late to that party!)

Anyone have a good kohlrabi recipe?