• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have been big for a decade but the ones I read about sound odious. I'm giving up my generation when I say that the only ones I can understand are a gin martini, a Rob Roy, and something from my you

You could always try a real classic, the 19th-century Bijou Cocktail.   But please, for the love of gin, don't call anything with chartreuse in it a martini!

just to be sure everyone knows this, if you want to see one of the best bartenders in the business run a room, Phil Ward works at Long Island Bar on Tuesdays and Fridays. We went last night and got t

Had several Fescue Rescues post-golf at Erin Hills. Recipe is:

2 Oz. Jameson (I would add more), 3 Oz. Ginger Beer, 1 Oz. Lemonade and a slice of lemon!

A little sweet but very refreshing.

That sounds great. Maybe a bit of fresh ginger to counter sweetness...

For summer cocktails on the tarter side, there's La Paloma - grapefruit soda, tequila and lime juice. I use the San Pellegrino Pompelmo, but use the one you like best.

I'm also a fan of the Badminton Cup. This is something they used to serve at Greyz and I finally figured out how to replicate the drink: 1 ounce lime juice, .75 oz simple syrup, 2 ounces of gin, 4 or 5 slices of cucumber, 7 or 8 mint leaves. Combine everything but gin and muddle cucumbers and mint, add ice and gin. Shake vigorously and serve. You can add a splash of seltzer if you like. The drink has a lot in common with the cucumber collins.

• 2 months later...

I didn't realize 2:1 was still the standard ratio for Manhattans and Martinis even as late as 1974.

I am going to try to get this printed, I think. The size is confusing, though – the PDF version indicates that the print size is 21.6528" x 14.7917", which doesn't correspond to any size I'm familiar with.

I didn't realize 2:1 was still the standard ratio for Manhattans and Martinis even as late as 1974.

I am going to try to get this printed, I think. The size is confusing, though – the PDF version indicates that the print size is 21.6528" x 14.7917", which doesn't correspond to any size I'm familiar with.

For Manhattans, I like to think it still is...and I like Martinis this way too.