College Football 2016-2017

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally, the College Football Playoff folks listens to the fans (and the tv networks). The semifinal games will no longer be played on New Year's Eve. As someone who spent the last two New Year's Eves

Do you know why briles was fired?

No Frost love?

I was happy that Wisconsin beat LSU on Saturday but, based on what I heard about that game, I think it is pretty crazy to go from un-ranked to 10.

This is another time I fully agree with NS. He believes there should be no rankings until at least the 3rd (if not 4th) week of the season. Although I admit, I do like seeing most of the talking heads look foolish trying to defend their early season rankings.

I was happy that Wisconsin beat LSU on Saturday but, based on what I heard about that game, I think it is pretty crazy to go from un-ranked to 10.

How depressing is it that the goon on LSU gets suspended for one game which happens to be against very tough Jacksonville State.

The game is at LSU, so it's definitely possible they could win. But I think if Les loses another one (especially if it involves less than stellar coaching decisions), he's done. Since I got here Sunday, everyone is talking about firing Les and hiring Tom Herman. Who I definitely think will end up coaching somewhere in the SEC next year. The fans have lost their patience with Les. Being close to the top of the SEC won't cut it. Especially if Bama wins it again.

• 1 month later...

. What is going on at Baylor. The players are pitching the all black uniforms today as a protest against the briles firing. We're I a Baylor alum and had any sense of decency I'd be beyond livid. And embarrassed.

I think it may do us all well to think about current times as similar to the '60s in that acceptable norms & boundaries are becoming exceedingly flexible & that everyone is looking to express their feelings regardless. Colleges are always the places to look for the most embarrassing illustrations of this, usually accompanied by even more embarrassing reactions by supposed grown ups. It amazes me how much my immediate reactions to what's going on in our country these days is similar to those for whom I had so much disdain when I was young. I really have to catch myself. I mean, what are these kids thinking?! It's my lawn, dammit.