Time to shuffle the NFL.?

WaPo has a sports column today about whether it's time to pack cleats and pads for a move. Screw the loyal fans, this is about money.

Cincy to Las Vegas

Detroit to Toronto

Jacksonville to London

Cleveland to Mexico City

Buffalo to Brooklyn (if the Jets don't get there first)

San Diego to Orange County / Riverside

Careful what you wish for. The Rams left LA/Anaheim in 1994 with their tails between their legs, fans derisively calling them the Lambs. Now, they're back--playing like scoreless Lambs. Plus ca change.

Remember the whole Jim Everett incident with Jim Rome?

Everett has been showing up post game on a local sports show. He's a little stiff.

Careful what you wish for. The Rams left LA/Anaheim in 1994 with their tails between their legs, fans derisively calling them the Lambs. Now, they're back--playing like scoreless Lambs. Plus ca change.

Everett has been showing up post game on a local sports show. He's a little stiff.

Better than the big stiff he was as a QB :) !

That's funny. Didn't Rome say he was the opposite of stiff, namely soft? :cool:

Someone tell me the reason why the NFL event exists anymore? It hasn't been a sport for more than 30 years.

Because the Superbowl draws over 100 million U.S. viewers?

I can understand why you don;t watch. I do watch, although I've got my own conflicts with the increasing evidence of CTE. But to question it's popularity is like denying climate change.

I don't watch what passes for boxing these days. UFC? They can punch and kick each other pretty much everywhere on their bodies but it has no appeal to me. But I don't question it's identity as a sport. It's just a sport I don't choose to watch.

The Oxford English dictionary defines a "sport" as "An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment." That pretty much covers it.

Forget Oxford, forget Webster. The NFL stands for the National Felon League. The object of the "sport" is to hurt and injure. Scoring points is just the byproduct of what team can injure the opponent's most key players.

I don't watch boxing or UFC, but at least the rules state the purpose is to injure someone. The NFL hides behind God, America and Apple Pie. Please, the NFL is popular for two reasons betting and violence. Without those, seven people would watch. OK I exaggerate - eight.

Car racing is watched because of cars crashing into each other, the NFL is watched because people do it with prejudice. Pick your poison.