[Moscow PA] Sam's Butcher Shop - Artisan Smokehouse

Wait till your whole fridge smells like a smokehouse (use freezer bags to double-wrap stuff...that helps).

Why would I try to stop my fridge from smelling like a smokehouse?

Maybe you have something a little delicate in there? Like ice cubes?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those of you who love smoked meats and BBQ, I highly recommend Sam's Butcher Shop. Sam is a small-batch, artisan meat processor. He makes his products in a very authentic and traditional way, usi

Party at Joe's house?

I got to try one of the shoulder bacons this morning. Quite good, and very different from say, a double-smoked bacon via Schaller & Weber.   Not too salty, not too smoky, very little waste - goo

I made the boneless country ribs similarly to joe. RG Yellow Eye beans instead of Ojo de Cabra (I didn't want a full-flavored bean to detract from the ribs, which were what I really was interested in tasting). Collard greens on the side. (I forgot to make some rice.)

The ribs are good. The smoke was subtler than I expected -- but I think on balance that's a good thing. It is amazing how tender this smoked pork is. More tender than anything similar product I've tried (at home or away).

I don't know...close enough to NJ...LOL.

Excellent stuff coming from this place...and people are enjoying it!!!

Thanks again for the heads up and follow up.

My pleasure, sir. Did you ever get to place your order? If yes, how did you like it?

I am glad that people have given a talented small Businessman like Sam a chance, and are enjoying his smoked meats as much as I am.

I listed the topic in the NJ food forum because I live in NJ and first heard about Sam's on the NJ Bites website. Sam doesn't physically have a retail store in PA. All of his orders are mail order, and he ships to the tri-state area. I also thought he would get a bigger following from the NY & NJ readers. I'm not sure how many people read the DC & Mid Atlantic board, but I would think a lot of Sam's business comes from the NY, NJ, Philly area. I'm not sure if the topic can be listed in both forums or not.

I don't know...close enough to NJ...LOL.

Excellent stuff coming from this place...and people are enjoying it!!!

Thanks again for the heads up and follow up.

My pleasure, sir. Did you ever get to place your order? If yes, how did you like it?

I am glad that people have given a talented small Businessman like Sam a chance, and are enjoying his smoked meats as much as I am.

I listed the topic in the NJ food forum because I live in NJ and first heard about Sam's on the NJ Bites website. Sam doesn't physically have a retail store in PA. All of his orders are mail order, and he ships to the tri-state area. I also thought he would get a bigger following from the NY & NJ readers. I'm not sure how many people read the DC & Mid Atlantic board, but I would think a lot of Sam's business comes from the NY, NJ, Philly area. I'm not sure if the topic can be listed in both forums or not.

Admin note:

to keep topics relatively compact and readable, many duplicate threads will be combined into a single thread. It's often a judgement call, as some things might reasonably fit into several topics. Like hickory smoked ice cubes (the liquors thread?) produced by stashing Sam's smoked bacon (the meat thread?) shipped from Pennsylvania, written up in the NJ thread where it was consumed.

MFF often draws new members and posts as a result of thoughtful and interesting posts like the Sam's Artisan Smokehouse thread.

These are wonderful problems to have....

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the recommendation! So far I've tried the bacon and the boneless ribs and everything's been pretty incredible.

My pleasure, Gerry. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

If you like something spicy you should try the Andouille sausage. It is very flavorful and has a nice kick to it.

Going through my order, and no disappointments yet.

Thank you, paryzer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My pleasure! I'm glad you are enjoying it. What else did you order, & what have you tried so far?

The other day I had the Andouille sausage in a homemade gumbo that my wife made. It was awesome. It gave the gumbo a nice kick. My wife is from New Orleans, so she makes a mighty rad gumbo ( As Little Feat would say :D ).