Sign in to follow this  
StephY

UNA PIZZA NAPOLETANA

I go all the time & for my money its the best pizza I've had. The filleti (sp?) which is cheese & whole tomatoes w/o sauce is my favorite but all four are great. I kind of buy into his whole BS actually, I really do think the all the ingredients are better than anyone else uses & the pizza's are perfectly cooked. I say BS because the manifesto he has is kind of funny, I would go alot more if it was open more often, & the place is expensive. $21 each for the pizza plus $33 for a bottle of wine and its almost 100 for my wife and I to have pizza, but it really is excellent. We sometimes go to Ssam Bar for dessert because he only offers chocolate and espresso.

Huh, rumor has it he's moving to SF unless he finds a better place during his post-closure travels.

Huh, rumor has it he's moving to SF unless he finds a better place during his post-closure travels.

He wants to be able to make salads with good produce. I hope he realizes the water is SO much different out there.

I'd read, of course, that Mangieri was returning to New York, but I hadn't realised his new pizzeria would be in partnership with the Contra-Wildair team. Does anyone actually use the term 'Hell Square'?

I'd read, of course, that Mangieri was returning to New York, but I hadn't realised his new pizzeria would be in partnership with the Contra-Wildair team. Does anyone actually use the term 'Hell Square'?

You didn't?

And yes, Bowery Boogie and Lo Down use that term all the time!

Yes, Googling the phrase has yielded all manner of urban delights!

• Like 1

I heard today that they're a couple of weeks away from being ready.

Now f&fing, I hear.

Yes, we have some common friends who were there last night.

Well, they're up to $25 a pizza now, and still soggy in the middle (obviously Napolitana style). I liked the flavor of the crust, I think the sauce needs work, and the cheese is the cheese. I think my problem is I'm just too much a fan of the NYC style, be it coal or gas-fired oven, along with the Roman crispy style. Or even a bastardized NYC/Naples style just makes me happier. YMMV.

Margherita

40926986775_7032b654f8.jpg

Marinara

41109135544_edb74c4194.jpg

White asparagus with bottarga

41109138724_b71e9a8b7e.jpg

I think the booze license will be around at the end of the week. Currently taking a long time for pizza to come out,

and wondering if Mangieri will blow a gasket at some point.