Sign in to follow this  
StephY

UNA PIZZA NAPOLETANA

Going to try to walk in tomorrow night, even though they're fully booked up on Rezy two weeks out now (prior to the Times re-review, they were wide open). Best backup options in the area if it doesn't work out? Scarr's?

Scarr's or Williamsburg Pizza for NY-style (Scarr's has a wine list and better atmosphere imo), there's also a Speedy Romeo nearby.

For traditional Neapolitan pizza, apparently Sorbillo has improved since opening...

I never knew a pizza could soak as much olive oil as the grandma pie at Williamsburg Pizza, delicious of course.

Going to try to walk in tomorrow night, even though they're fully booked up on Rezy two weeks out now (prior to the Times re-review, they were wide open). Best backup options in the area if it doesn't work out? Scarr's?

Niche?

Scarr's or Williamsburg Pizza for NY-style (Scarr's has a wine list and better atmosphere imo), there's also a Speedy Romeo nearby.

For traditional Neapolitan pizza, apparently Sorbillo has improved since opening...

The problem with (or one of the problems) with Scarr's is actually trying to get in the place and find a place to sit/eat.

Also, some really annoying rap. But if you like second hand weed smoke, out front of Scarr's is awesome (I prefer mine first hand).

We've definitely become partial to Niche Mazemen over the ramen...neither Niche nor Scarr's is anywhere near as nice as UPN, atmosphere-wise.

I really hope they were busy and I really hope they charged you for the wine!    :P

I really hope they were busy and I really hope they charged you for the wine!    :P

They were nicely busy, and they charged us for wine.  

COMP DISCLOSURE:  Ice cream dessert!

Seemed like, from a comment on Mangieri's Instagram, he's planning to open in NJ soon.

Now-ish.

But I still don't get it.

The crust looks wonderful. I don’t like the soggy middle, however authentic it is.

I should note that my pizza-loving sweetie (unlike me) fully agrees with you.

What’s there to get? Pizza man opens shop in ancestral home (high) lands....

I don't get the pizza, having had it at three different Unas.