UNA PIZZA NAPOLETANA

She doesn't like Ops either, for the same reason (although she'd say UPN is worse).

yall need to bring a fancy bottle of wine and hit up Dough Vale, she will love it. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The crust looks wonderful. I don’t like the soggy middle, however authentic it is.

Yes, Googling the phrase has yielded all manner of urban delights!

Basically he's trying to dance around saying it's a money grab and pizza shouldn't be $100+ pp.

What’s there to get? Pizza man opens shop in ancestral home (high) lands....

I don't get the pizza, having had it at three different Unas.

you ordered wrong.  :P

She doesn't like Ops either, for the same reason (although she'd say UPN is worse).

Right, I thought Ops a very enjoyable version of a style of pizza I don’t prefer.

Indeed, I should have said not that I don’t like it. I’ll eat a soggy pizza. I just prefer a different style.

Which reminds me, the Bufalina pizzas, although SD will speak up for the moist center, weren’t sloppy runny in my experience.

Right, I thought Ops a very enjoyable version of a style of pizza I don’t prefer.

Indeed, I should have said not that I don’t like it. I’ll eat a soggy pizza. I just prefer a different style.

Which reminds me, the Bufalina pizzas, although SD will speak up for the moist center, weren’t sloppy runny in my experience.

I like Una a lot, but it's been on the soggy side the couple times I've had it.

We switched to the DiNapoli organic tomatoes when they hit the market two or three years ago.  (Last time I was at Ops, I think they were using them as well, at least on some of the pies.)  They have a tighter, thicker consistency that sets up quicker during the bake than some of the Italian tomatoes we had previously used.

Yes, they make all the difference. I wish they were slightly less sweet but everything else about them is great. The last, disappointing, time at Ops they were using Gustarosso which I think are better for slower / longer baking times (I read that Chris Bianco is involved in a competing Pizza place in Brooklyn, so I wonder...) 

• 1 month later...

To tell the truth, I found ops’ basic tomato pies to be too tin tasting. Their marinara is beyond reproach but, I avoid red pies there