Suzanne F

Winter 2016-2017

Yeah, I know...(except it is legal in DC).

When I was learning to drive on Long Island, it wasn't.

Also, it's an old, stolen joke.

Stick to your own material. You're funnier than Allen. ;)

Watching the news of severe flooding in Houston. Sending good thoughts for Pete Creasey's domain.

The forecast for NYC is for 12 to 18 inches of snow tomorrow and wind gusts of up to 50MPH. On the high end a few forecasts predict 24 inches. One of my guilty pleasures is stocking up on food before a storm.

This time our shopping was done in 2 stages. On Saturday I bought a 3 pound pork loin and because it was on sale, 2 packages of corned beef. A loaf of one of those Ecce Panis crusty country white loaves. A couple of pepperonis. And about 3 pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes. Then today I realized we had no bacon. A quick walk and I returned with 2 pounds and a box of Triscuits.

Earlier I moved my car across from my house and parked it on the left side of the street. NYC plows are angled to the right. As a result snow is piled higher on that side of the street and it's easier to dig out the car if it's parked on the left.

Given the amount of food we have I won't need the car for awhile. I hope we get 3 feet and that it all melts by Saturday.

• Like 1

The TV news in Florida is ga-ga over the snowfall in the midwest and the snow prospects for the northeast. Reporters standing in front of airline ticket counters (as small lines move along) and planes taking off. Crawls along the bottom of regular TV programming, all that kind of stuff.

I must say, this storm could not have come at a worse time for me.. I am leaving for a business trip thursday and needed these two days to work things out..

The forecast for NYC is for 12 to 18 inches of snow tomorrow and wind gusts of up to 50MPH. On the high end a few forecasts predict 24 inches. One of my guilty pleasures is stocking up on food before a storm.

This time our shopping was done in 2 stages. On Saturday I bought a 3 pound pork loin and because it was on sale, 2 packages of corned beef. A loaf of one of those Ecce Panis crusty country white loaves. A couple of pepperonis. And about 3 pounds of Yukon Gold potatoes. Then today I realized we had no bacon. A quick walk and I returned with 2 pounds and a box of Triscuits.

Earlier I moved my car across from my house and parked it on the left side of the street. NYC plows are anfled to the right. As a result snow is piled higher on that side of the street and it's easier to dig out the car if it's parked on the left.

Given the amount of food we have I won't need the car for awhile. I hope we get 3 feet and that it all melts by Saturday.

yah, we are opening tomorrow and it looks like MIss A and I will be running the shop and doing all the cooking as trains are already being shut down.. I have two of the neighborhood guys on snow shoveling and car digging out detail.. It's going to be a strange day tomorrow for us!

I must say, this storm could not have come at a worse time for me.. I am leaving for a business trip thursday and needed these two days to work things out..

Gonna be 88 here in Las Vegas on Thursday (85 today--all of which makes me wonder how brutal the summer will be-since we normally don't see consistent highs like this until mid to late April). Pack your sunglasses and swim suit.

Windiest day of golf ever in Las Vegas on Sunday, March 5. Couldn't place the ball on the green without it rolling the last 3 holes. Most of the day was 25-35mph but the last 3 holes had to be higher than 50mph. My sunglasses blew off my head and 40 yards down the fairway. Glad we had a caddie. :) Played at Cascata which was very nice.