• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since a few of us now have subscriptions, I thought it might be worth starting a thread where we can compare notes.   Aptly, this month's package came just as I was finishing the local blend I bough

Have you seen this McDonald's ad? I sort of love it.     (I typoed that second sentence as "I sort of live it" at first. That is also a true statement.)

Reminds me of one of my favorite coffee snob stories. Back when stumptown had just started roasting in NYC, the organoleptic taster and I went to check it out.  I order my pourover. Asked if I wa

It must be the Counter Culture, ordered like 3- 4 days ago, and delivered yesterday.

Now I'm wondering; should I just switch to monthly deliveries from Counter Culture on the 15th, and George Howell at the beginning of the month?  I'm thinking 2 bags from each, timely delivered, could hold me over, month by month.

I mean, the two Counter Cultures I brewed this morning (pour over), Incahuasi  and Kushikamana,  were roasted on the 17th, and they were pretty damn good.

All I can say is this wendelboe must be f*cking incredible for y'all to put up with all these delays. I am an (obvious) heathen...I can find something that is actually delivered when it is supposed to be. And, while it might not be wendelboe (and I will never be able to compare because I won't deal with those delays), it will cure my coffee cravings sufficiently without all the angst and aggravation you seem to go through with each order.

No, it's just fun to complain.  I can literally walk around the block and find some lovely, freshly roasted coffee to tide me over. This certainly is far from Tim's fault, as he has no control over US customs, and ships promptly, as per the website, on the first Wednesday of every month.

But while Tim's coffee is certainly superb, it's not leaps and bounds better than that from Counter Culture or my local, Grumpy, or Joe.