• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rumors and speculation. Whither Romo?   https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2017/02/08/from-tony-romo-to-colin-kaepernick-to-marijuana-a-primer-on-the-nfls-offseason/?utm_term=.1789f44b75

Agree 100%. Darling and Hernandez are terrific analysts and also happen to be tremendously entertaining.   BTW, Rich is one of the two people in the world who think the Mets broadcasters aren't grea

Houston.

So was I. It was obviously the right move but then Jerry Jones calls the shots. A few years ago he wanted to draft Johnny Manziel. His football people (it's hard to believe they finally have a pretty good front office) insisted on drafting an offensive lineman who later became an all pro.

I don't love him but he's better than aikman, gruden, and quite a few others.

Lex - I'm a racial slurs fan. I think 2016 romo had a much higher ceiling than 2016 prescott and the cowboys would have been much better off with romo under center. it didn't look like the cowboys were running their whole offense with prescott (beasley shouldn't have more catches than bryant) and the combination of romo and elliot would have been really hard to stop.

Prescott played well against Rodgers in that playoff game. I'm not sure if a rusty Romo could have done better. (The healthy Romo of 2014 is a different story.)

Green Bay won that game on Rodgers' preternatural ability to buy time and throw accurately on the run. It was the best game of the year, including the Superbowl. GB squeaked by on a field goal.

(And BTW, when is Washington going to finally commit to Cousins? Who can they get that's better?)

Does any sports analyst make a difference? After 25 years at ABC & NBC Sports, never knew one that did except for Cosell - and that's because he was more entertainer than analyst.

Does any sports analyst make a difference? After 25 years at ABC & NBC Sports, never knew one that did except for Cosell - and that's because he was more entertainer than analyst.

And he never played the game.

I think some of them do. But maybe they're more "color" people than analysts.

Personally I think it's a pleasure watching a baseball game on TV when the analysts know of what they speak (it just so happens that the Mets have one or two of those).

As far as football, I think John Madden was a pretty damn good analyst/entertainer.

Personally I think it's a pleasure watching a baseball game on TV when the analysts know of what they speak (it just so happens that the Mets have one or two of those).

Agree 100%. Darling and Hernandez are terrific analysts and also happen to be tremendously entertaining.

BTW, Rich is one of the two people in the world who think the Mets broadcasters aren't great. The other is John Sterling's mother.

• Like 2