Sign in to follow this  
Rail Paul

"Superman" Ice Cream

The Hoffman's Ice Cream and Chocolate Parlour in Stuart FL is offering a Superman ice cream. The swirls of blue, grey and red dominate. Blueberry, raspberry, and I don't know what they used for the grey. Maybe mouse. It's a very attractive pattern in the container.

I may take one for the team and try it next week. For the record, I had a praline supreme, which was wonderful. Served in a salted caramel dipped cone.

I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it served in Fortress of Solitude cups or cones?

Wonder if they had to get the rights from Time-Warner?

I've seen superman ice cream at other places.. i don't think the idea or name is exclusive to them but, perhaps this version is.

I'M IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, not Supergirl.

Really like her costume.

• Like 1

Looking into this matter, it appears that the merchandising of "Superman" flavors is fairly widespread. And, there are a number of different Hoffman's Ice Cream businesses. Nobody else uses mouse ingredients, from what I can tell.

“The Stroh's Ice Cream version has blue moon, red pop, and lemon ice creams, while other versions such as those by the Meijer store brand ("Scooperman") and the Hudsonville Creamery & Ice Cream Company ("SuperScoop") versions of Superman ice cream are a mixture of vanilla, blue moon, and black cherry ice creams.”

Although the idea seems to have originated in Michigan, Superman ice cream seems widely available. I mentioned it earlier today and several people reported they've tried and liked the ice cream in various places.

By the way, a little bit of ironic trivia - the Bird Man of Alcatraz (Robert Stroud) is buried in Metropolis, IL.

Guess it really wasn't a bird or a plane after all.