Sign in to follow this  
Neocon maudit

Micromanage my Garden State life

After a mediocre rack of lamb at the Poached Pear, the pater asked me where we could find lamb that tastes 'like lamb' without crossing the Hudson River. :huh:

Not too long afterwards, the pater asked me where he might be able to dine on small birds. I told him I'd recently had an excellent quail at— 'But not in New York,' he interjected.

I see Lorena's is serving a somewhat fussy-looking rack of lamb ['almond-dijon and brioche encrusted']. Laurel & Sage braises lamb shank for a Mediterranean-style dish.

There used to be a surprisingly good Afghan kebab joint in Ocean County. I very much liked the lamb there, but I was often the only customer, and then it closed...

I'm planning a dinner at a Portuguese or Spanish restaurant in Newark. Criteria: 10:00 or less walk from the Path, "nice" room, good mixed seafood dishes (paella, mariscada, etc.), plus fin fish options for my dad, who's allergic to shrimp and crab and lobster. I'm looking at Seabra's Marisqueria, Adega Grill, Portucale, Fornos of Spain, Spanish Tavern and Iberia Peninsula. Is one of those my best option, or some other restaurant? Thanks in advance!

13 hours ago, Anthony Bonner said:

That's right people. Starting Monday I'm officially B&T.

What's your new zip?

Welcome to our great state. You will love it and also love complaining about it. 

52 minutes ago, joethefoodie said:

What's your new zip?

Would you like my mother's maiden name too?

We're moving to Harding Township.

I put a bid in on a quasi teardown in Palisades NY in Jan of 19 but they passed and nothing there came on the market we liked.  

Ultimately we realized this area - basically summit out made the most sense for us.

And in a sign of how bergen-centric my life has been...I had no idea where Harding township is. Near Morristown and apple orchards...sounds good!

1 hour ago, Tubbs said:

And in a sign of how bergen-centric my life has been...I had no idea where Harding township is. Near Morristown and apple orchards...sounds good!

I'm pretty bergen-centric too; it's where we schlep to visit my friggin' in-laws!