I can't recall if you already did,but can you describe the meatball presentation and composition in greater detail? For example,

size: baseball, tennis ball, squash ball. Approx diameter?

composition: all meat? bread crumbs of some sort, chopped vegetables. What is in this meatball?

plating: in a bowl, on a plate, en brodo, in a sauce. .

Okay, A frascan just was in.... I've got the skinny on the meatball. Having seen one, I'd say- tennis ball.

The contents: Lamb, Veal, Pork Belly, Bacon, shallots, parsley, egg, bread crunbs.

Sauce: Brodo made from Proscuitto. Served atop Mashed Potaters with some carrots.

:)

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday the 1st works the best for me (although I could also swing Tuesday). Thursday afternoon I will be at the Cardinals game with a friend (reportedly there is this other team called the "Rockies" that will be there too), although I am not sure how many innings I can handle.

Wednesday the 1st works the best for me (although I could also swing Tuesday).  Thursday afternoon I will be at the Cardinals game with a friend (reportedly there is this other team called the "Rockies" that will be there too), although I am not sure how many innings I can handle.

so, are we on for wednesday, the 1st?

rlm, cheesemonger, fml and me? bolderite?

how does this work? do we all have to be in line before it opens or can one person hold down the fort? is it only the first 6 who get the walk-ins or can we hope for a second walk-in seating as well?

edit: i see bolderite said she was in, but didn't confirm the date.

Edited by mongo_jones

I'm in also.

logistics: I wonder if I should call and tell them we are bringing 6 for the bar right at 5:30, and maybe if we are all there, we won't have a problem. There probably won't be an opportunity for a second seating- are there more than 6 of us going?

Last Sat I arrived early and waited for the opening time, as the door was unlocked- others that weren't so thoughtful, and walked in the door at 5:15 got the walk-in table that I was coveting, so some advanced notice may alleviate that problem.

But I like the bar fine- best service, I think.

So, should we meet on the little patio outside at 5:15 and menacingly block the door to ensure our precious seats?

Alas, I cannot attend . actually, I'll be out with Mrs. Stuckey trying not to envision the havoc you guys are creating!

But I will say that another confirmed Frasca lover/frequent diner ordered the meatball last Friday night with the same results as Mongo -- oversalted and underwhelming . . with this knowledge,perhaps the four of you should consider just how many meatballs you really need to order . . maybe two for the four of you and then you can pick off of the non-meatball ordering people's plates.

Uh oh.

Looks like I'm out now as well- I have a family member that's here on business for a couple of days, and the only day they are free for dinner is Wed, so I'll be hoofin' it down to Denver instead.

Sorry- If you don't go, I'd be receptive to re-scheduling.

Uh oh.

Looks like I'm out now as well- I have a family member that's here on business for a couple of days, and the only day they are free for dinner is Wed, so I'll be hoofin' it down to Denver instead.

Sorry- If you don't go, I'd be receptive to re-scheduling.

i can push it to wednesday, the 8th. after that i'm off to los angeles and parts tropical.

8th is great for me- but do I *have* to order the meatball????

are we still doing this on the 8th?

now that there is independent corroboration of the meatball issues from a frasca regular i think only rlm needs to order it...

bolderite, you in for the 8th? or are you going to come up with some other bs excuse?

8th is great for me- but do I *have* to order the meatball????

are we still doing this on the 8th?

now that there is independent corroboration of the meatball issues from a frasca regular i think only rlm needs to order it...

bolderite, you in for the 8th? or are you going to come up with some other bs excuse?

8th is still good for me. I've HAD the meatball before (as I posted in a follow-up), but I don't really remember it. Therefore, I think that exempts me from ordering it again. :o We could always order one meatball as Bolderite suggested so everyone can have a taste.