They added a new Lobster Brodo (with blue crab on the bottom of the bowl) yesterday to the menu, and it is AMAZING. The pork belly is gone, but the wonderful shaved pork is back. Last year they served it with peaches, but for now it's served with bing cherries.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They added a new Lobster Brodo (with blue crab on the bottom of the bowl) yesterday to the menu, and it is AMAZING. The pork belly is gone, but the wonderful shaved pork is back. Last year they served it with peaches, but for now it's served with bing cherries.

dammit! never got to try the pork belly.

The Lobster Brodo was apparently a one-time thing (WAH!). If I knew that, I would've probably downed about three bowls of it and nothing else that evening.

So very soon the whole staff is off to Friuli and Alto Adige for two weeks. I'll be showing up on their doorstep in mid-July with the F.T.'s (Frasca Tremens) and other withdrawal symptoms.

We had to sneak in for one more fix before they head off to Italy (which the staff seemed very excited about) last night. Somehow I have not had their risotto before, but I did last night and it was magnificent. Eating Lachlan's food often makes me revisit my own cooking--as in I now realize that I've never made a really good risotto before, I've been deluding myself.

Bobby and Lachlan are paying for everything for the staff from the moment they meet at the airport until they return. Impressive. I asked if he had any openings, but no.

Fred-

What time were you there? Andy and I arrived around 8 and shared some wine outside until we could slip in to the bar. We had the coleslaw for the first time and I can't belive we've missed it up until now. Yummy, viniagary and a huge portion. We shared the gnocchi and the turkey, yes turkey thigh. I was totally skeptical but Lachlan (who spent more time out of the kitchen than in it last night) insisted that it was not turkey like we were thinking, so we went with it and it was like having a perfectly cooked piece of duck, including a crisped piesce of skin, some cherries.

I'm going to miss the gang while they are gone, but hopefully soon after they return they wil be able to open the outdoor seating so more people can have a chance to dine.

We ALMOST went last night too, so I am jealous to hear so many of you did. We ate there on Saturday (at a table even), but Mr. rlm wanted to at least drop in "for a glass of wine" last night. Riiiiight. We'd go in for "just a glass of wine" and $150 and a few courses later we'd be leaving...

Do we need a Frasca Withdrawal Support Group for the next 15 days? :(

I feel like such a groupie.

We ate there on Saturday (at a table even), but Mr. rlm wanted to at least drop in "for a glass of wine" last night. Riiiiight. We'd go in for "just a glass of wine" and $150 and a few courses later we'd be leaving...

...and I was there on Saturday night, too. Bobby dumped a glass of great cava on my lap.

...and I was there on Saturday night, too.  Bobby dumped a glass of great cava on my lap.

And no doubt he'd be eternally thankful to know that you spilled his foopah to everyone here who hangs there. Geez.

More importantly, did you lick it up?

On Saturday, while you were drooling at Frasa (you were drooling, right?), I was being flung overboard from a raft on the Eagle River, the temperature of which was 30 degrees. I am bruised and battered from banging my body on rock after rock and still recovering from hypothermia.

Oh woe is me.

...and I was there on Saturday night, too.  Bobby dumped a glass of great cava on my lap.

At least it wasn't Cook's or Boone's Farm.

If it had been Krug instead of cava, I'd be lickin' it up!

And no doubt he'd be eternally thankful to know that you spilled his foopah to everyone here who hangs there. Geez.

yes, I exposed Bobby's misstep to everyone on this site.

...as opposed to telling 40,000 people in Colorado Avid Golfer.

Fred-

What time were you there? Andy and I arrived around 8 and shared some wine outside until we could slip in to the bar.

We were in at 5:30, 4 of us, and grabbed the salumi bar, and we left just before 8:00. I'm always surprised that I don't run into one of you Boulder addicts when we are in--i guess I just missed you and the cheesemonger this time.

Mary had the turkey also, and it was delicious, although I was more than happy with my shaved pork.

Yay! I found the June ish of CO Avid Golfer (that features Lori's review of Frasca) at the LoDo Tattered Cover. There was one copy hiding behind a Big 12 football preview magazine in the Sports section (not next to the other golf magazines), and two more hidden behind an Athlon magazine with Jake Plummer on the cover in the Colorado section (and yes, I moved Jake out of the line of sight). There are only 5 pages I care about in the entire magazine (not being a golfer), so at $4.25 I paid almost a buck a page for the food section.

Probably not a wise idea to buy a magazine that includes color pictures of the lamb and the duck pate when I can't go there to get a fix for several more days. The cover has the tagline, "The State's Best Restaurant" on the top, causing a few tantrums in Aspen, no doubt. Includes pictures of Lachlan and salumi dude Bradley Yeomans (he also makes the chocolates).

Now if we can just get Lori to turn it into a food magazine with only one golf article instead of the other way around...

Yay! I found the June ish of CO Avid Golfer (that features There are only 5 pages I care about in the entire magazine (not being a golfer), so at $4.25 I paid almost a buck a page for the food section.

Is it really $4.25 an issue?

Perhaps you should spring for a subscription. :(

The July issue is out -- reviews of NoRTH and the Rio Grande.

LM