i'm not seeing it on their site. can you post the url you're looking at? clicking on the dinner menu thing still downloads the dec 11 menu.

mongo, I'm thinking you need to clear the cache of your browser. The URI itself didn't change, it still points to Dinner.pdf. So, if your cache still has the old Dinner.pdf in it, it'll display that rather than download again.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.frascafoodandwine.com/menu.html

Then click on the link for "Download the Monday Night Menus"

I get every Monday night menu from January 24 - Feb 14 (Feb 14 is $45 because of V-Day).

They seem to have updated the regular menu on January 25. They don't update the website every time they change the menu (I called and asked).

[i'm thinking about getting my friends in Boulder a gift of a meal at Frasca, so I'm paying attention]

i'm not seeing it on their site. can you post the url you're looking at? clicking on the dinner menu thing still downloads the dec 11 menu.

mongo, I'm thinking you need to clear the cache of your browser. The URI itself didn't change, it still points to Dinner.pdf. So, if your cache still has the old Dinner.pdf in it, it'll display that rather than download again.

yup--that did it. so firefox doesn't work by magic after all. i have decided not to spend too much more time thinking about possible things to eat there--we will see what there is on the evening of and take it from there.

...so we ate at the bar tonight. Somebody owes me $175.  :lol:

:lol: Man, this grad student is in the wrong forum (and wants rlm as a friend). Where's the one for people like me who cut out Quizno's coupons? Or who eat at the bar 'cause the food is half off there?

I could rarely afford even bar food in college. My first job at the uni was $3.35/hour and my last job (after a promotion, mind you) was $5.75. Taco Bell's value menu seemed expensive to me then. ("Maybe I'll just have one taco today. Who do they think I am--Donald Trump?") Be thankful you live in the beautiful state of Colorado and occasionally get to eat out. Some of us were trapped in Bubbaville eating delicacies such as those awful Hormel tamales from a can. :lol:

(BTW, if you met me you would know I'm pretty frugal with many things. My "bling bling" consists of a $200 wedding band that I picked out and a mall watch. That's it. Thieves would be very disappointed.)

The Monday Night Wine Dinner tonight was different from the menu posted on their website, so forget trying to pick what you want in advance. Just know that whatever you order will probably be wonderful. Instead of Pomme Aligote, they had a Parsnip Broth with Ham Vinaigrette. The other appetizer choice, Baked Clams, was still there (strong fennel taste), and they were good (although I had a sampling of Mr. rlm's soup and became immediately jealous). Instead of Farfalle, they had AMAZING Gnocchi on the menu. The other entree choice morphed from Duck into Capon (castrated rooster). The "Banana Cream Pie" changed to a wonderful banana-ish/ice cream-y dessert that all four of us just went crazy for (can't remember the exact name). The desserts are definitely on the upswing here.

The wine pairings are an extra $25. Still a great price for a wine dinner. Wines tonight were from Melville and Brewer Clifton (Cali. Chardonnays, Pinot Noir, and Viognier) and the winemaker was there pouring.

I am amazed by Bobby the Master Sommelier's memory. Meanwhile, I can't remember the names of half the people I work with at my new job.

An aside: Why are wine-friendly restaurants close to bookstores? Adega+Tattered Cover LoDo, Mirepoix+Tattered Cover Cherry Creek, Frasca+Borders...They must know my weaknesses. Borders has wall & desk calendars for $1.00 now, although I don't know why the hell I bought three (Simpsons, Joy of Cooking, and Monty Python).

So, wait, when you say "Monday Night Wine Dinner" are the wines mandatory, or is it a more of a prix fixe with optional wine? Sorry to ask, but I got confused. Since I don't drink alcohol, I'm often saddened when I see these great "wine dinners" that I know I'd miss half the point of.

Borders has wall & desk calendars for $1.00 now, although I don't know why the hell I bought three

Probably to make up for me. I currently have a Porsche calendar a friend got and my American Physical Society poster-calendar. Someday I'm going to buy one, and the calendar industry will take my soul.

Matt-

the wine is not mandatory. What you need to know is that on Monday nights, they only have the $29 three course dinner with two choices for each course. When we went a few weeks ago, a table of 8 sat down next to us -- an odd assortment of CU students with navel piercings, boyfriend, younger siblings, trying to be cool Mom (oh, wait, that could be said about me, I take that back) and the Mom was loudly upset that they did not have a full menue to choose from. I don't know how that would have helped, Bobby came over and had to interpret everything on the limited menu anyway "gnocchi . . well, they are made out of potatoes . ."

In fairness, I am not sure how well advertised it is outside the restaurant that on Mondays they only have the limited menu.

the reservation is in--8.30, feb 25. decided to go the day after my actual birthday since i am usually a complete wreck on thursday evenings. mrs. jones is promising to make me a birthday dinner on the night of as well, so this may work out to my advantage.

Yay! Kyle Wagner reviews Frasca today in the Post!

Wine, food and customers at Frasca get the utmost care

Now we need Kyle to come and tell us how many times she delayed the review to go back for more "research".

That said, she seems to like it as much as I do. Heck, maybe even more.

Indeed, I think Frasca is the best restaurant, bar none, in both Denver and Boulder. I ate out 423 times last year (I need to keep track of these things for tax purposes), and my two dinners at Frasca were far and away the best meals I had in 2004. God, I love that place.

Good god, woman, 423 times?! At least you can write it off since you're a professional.

We had to go to Frasca again tonite. I swear they must put something addictive in the food. :blush: Now I think Ms. Wagner owes me money since I read her review about 6:00 this morning and it made me think about the place all day.

Now we need Kyle to come and tell us how many times she delayed the review to go back for more "research".

Actually, she called me on her way home from her first meal at Frasca to tell me how good it was. (A first.) We thought about rushing the review into the paper last week but decided to give it a fuller treatment (also a first for a review) to show how important we think this restaurant is. We (critics and editors) really do want every meal to be good, right LM?