Matt-

I knew that James was going to Chicago, but not where . . do you know?

Isn't Mazzio doing some cooking/consulting for Rezzo in Lafayette? I believe that he is. I heard that he'd revamped the menu but haven't seen what changed nor heard any reviews. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

I tried to find a web site for Rezzo but was spectacularly unsuccesful.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALUMS TAKE ON NEWBYS Food & Wine Magazine is pairing up some of their alums from the ''best new chef" rosters with those who'll be announced tomorrow, with the duos facing off on the ''Today" show. Thursday morning's show will feature Todd English (Olives, Figs, Bonfire) in a cookoff against the Craigie Street Bistrot's Tony Maws, among the magazine's best new chefs this year.

Of course, there are a few hojillion other reasons for a chef or person to be headed to NYC, but, still, it'd be fun to see him and old boss Thomas Keller (1988) matching up.

I TiVo-ed the Today show yesterday and unfortunately Lachlan and Thomas Keller were not on there. They had a team of three of the new award-winning chefs going against a team of three previous winners and the new guys won. It was a yawner.

BTW, why is Gene Shalit still on the air???

BTW, why is Gene Shalit still on the air???

He must know where all the bodies are buried, that's the only reason. Otherwise, he would have been imprisoned for those "jokes" of his long ago.

A couple of weeks ago I saw Lehendorff at Frasca- but I haven't seen a review.  Did I miss it?

Yes, you missed it. His

review is a rave, like all the others. He gives Frasca an "A."

He was also rude enough to have an article about cheese, and not include you.

Matt-

I knew that James was going to Chicago, but not where . . do you know?

Isn't Mazzio doing some cooking/consulting for Rezzo in Lafayette? I believe that he is. I heard that he'd revamped the menu but haven't seen what changed nor heard any reviews. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

I tried to find a web site for Rezzo but was spectacularly unsuccesful.

Mazzio was there briefly but is set to move on to Chi-town, just don't know where.

Review of Rezzo in today's Camera. (Registration required now; they must think they're the big time.)

Interesting apropos aside in the review:

Rumor has it that Mazzio may soon be leaving for Chicago — here's hoping his tutelage allows his staff to rise to the occasion. In the meantime, I would suggest you try to make it to Rezzo when Elvis is in the building.

Frasca has updated their selections of wines by the glass. They've also added a new liquidy dessert with strawberries and pistachios (not on the website menu yet). It looks a little strange on account of the green (from the pistachios?), but I thought it was wonderful. Bobby said they're receiving about 200 calls a day now! Youch! See what a spate of rave reviews from the media will do...

we have a reservation for thursday, april 28. 200 phone calls or not opentable seems to have slots. of course, i'm looking at the 9pm dinner slot.

this month's monday night menus don't look very inspiring though...