A New Chapter for the Queen of Gelato/Ice Cream

Eater writes a very nice piece about Meredith Kurtzman's retirement. It's the end of an era for those of us who have had the pleasure of meeting/knowing Meredith (both in person and online) and enjoying her incredible gelatos. My best wishes and thank you for the incredible gelatos I go to enjoy. PS--I love the illustrations!

Wishing you the very best Meredith!

• Like 2

I'd like to call attention to Meredith's comment that gelato doesn't scale up for a huge factory operation. It's very local, personal, and immediate.

I had some middling gelato last night in Stuart FL. Bits of ice, etc. Went back in to complain. "I dunno. We get deliveries once or twice a week from West Palm. This stuff came in last week."

I'd like to call attention to Meredith's comment that gelato doesn't scale up for a huge factory operation. It's very local, personal, and immediate.

I had some middling gelato last night in Stuart FL. Bits of ice, etc. Went back in to complain. "I dunno. We get deliveries once or twice a week from West Palm. This stuff came in last week."

Apples and watermelons.

It is unfortunate that the more any frozen product travels,the more opportunities for freezer fluctuations and breakdowns exist. I was never happy doing take out pints or sending product elsewhere, but business dictates it sometimes. The best product is made on the property,and is served there...