NBA 2017-2018

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Will the Lakers pick Lonzo Ball? Or trade their #2 pick? For what? Does Paul George figure in this? Decisions, decisions. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2715924-lakers-trade-rumors-team-repor

Absolutely thrilled to see LBJ and the Cavs go down. Wonder where LBJ will end up next year...

The only positive thing to say about Dolan is he leaves the Rangers alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Phil Jackson has been mercifully fired (for the fans) as President of the Knicks. Dolan wisely chose Carmelo Anthony & Porzingis over Jackson (who lost his zen). Now if they can only figure out a way to get rid of Dolan.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/28/knicks-fire-team-president-phil-jackson/?utm_source=maropost&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=news_alert&utm_content=20170628&mpweb=755-3792689-719092275

That's another great question. And just why did he pick up Jackson's 2 years? I can't believe that Jackson was behind re-signing Melo. And I don't think that he would've dumped Porzingis either. Dolan continues to keep things completely unworkable. Neither Melo nor Jackson were the future for the Knicks & Dolan is managing to pay for both without any hope of winning with either.

Well, since Ringling Brothers closed (still think the elephants are the big losers there), this is the best the Garden can do for a circus.

...starring Dolan as the barker and Anthony the sword swallower with the ticket holders the clowns. They all deserve each other.

chris paul going to the rockets for one year (essentially). another strange decision (for the rockets): harden needs the ball in his hands, d'antoni likes to play fast with the ball moving: chris paul is the opposite of that.

a bummer he left my clippers, of course, but we weren't going anywhere with this team with the warriors in the same conference. and at least we got a few decent pieces back.

From Forbes: "As of right now, the Lakers have a grand total of $44-plus million in salary commitments for the 2018-19 campaign. This number will definitely go up once their rookie class is signed and following free agency next month. Even then, this puts the Lakers in a prime position to land big-time free agents during the summer of 2018."

Paul George? LeBron? Hmmm.

• 2 months later...

I have a decent amount of respect for Melo's ability, but the Knicks are better off without him. They should have been able to do better with compensation though. Oklahoma wants to try a run with 3 great scorers (as the Warriors did) & might've given more. Now the Knicks need to do some quick rebuilding (again) before they waste Porzingis' youth. I like that they got Hardaway back.